Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Potting Table

I wanted to get a potting table so I would not break my back when I'm working in the garden. I check out a few websites to see what's out there and there's hundreds of them mainly in the USA with prices in the hundreds! Here's a couple I saw on some websites, they look good but too fancy and pricey. I noticed most of them have one thing in common; they have a sunken container on one side for potting mix, by the looks of them they kinda look like the kitchen sink! Which leads me to an idea; I can build my own potting table using an old kitchen sink!
What luck I have, last week when Terese and I were going for a walk in the neighbourhood Terese saw someone threw out an old kitchen sink! So I took it home and clean it up a bit and it still looks pretty good.

So on the weekend, I went to the local hardware store and bought some cheap timber to erect a frame for the sink to sit on...

...and there you have it, my very own potting table made with an old kitchen sink and some timber frames! It even has castors so I can wheel it anywhere I like.

3 comments:

Che-Cheh said...

Wow you're a good carpenter too.

clement said...

ha ha, next time go to any diy shop also can get one.. :)

Choonie, the Guru said...

A good work. I always know wuching is the best handyman around Melbourne.
hahaha...
must angkat angkat wuching a little bit...
cos I won the Norton Antivirus Subscription key. Yeah!