Tuesday, August 30, 2005

D24 Premier Malaysian Durian

I've always love eating durians, the king of fruits! No other fruits in the world can compare to it, indeed it lives up to it's reputation with it's pungent aromatic smell some would compare to the smell of garlic, gas or even worse; shit!Nevertheless, I reckon only people growing up in Southeast Asia would appreciate this delicacy, it is just undescriptably tasty, an acquired taste only few could appreciate. The texture of it's mashy flesh swirling in my mouth as I devour it just send me to heaven. I'm drooling just writing about it!

But living in Australia is a disadvantage for durian lover like me; you can't get decent durians here, I used to have to buy frozen ones imported from Thailand but they were never as nice as the ones you eat by the roadside in Malaysia right there where you buy them from the durian vendors!

So imagine my surprise when a friend of mine introduced me to D24 Premier Malaysian Durian! I was a bit skeptical about how tasty this brand of durian at first but I was soon converted, this has got to be the best durian I've ever tasted in Australia! The colour and texture of the flesh is right, the smell, oh the smell of it is intoxicating! And the taste, I give it 2 thumbs up!
Where has this D24 Premier Malaysian Durian been all these years?! I heard not many people know about it just yet but I'm sure it won't be long before everyone is selling them. At the moment you can only get them at The Straits Malaysian Restaurant in Doncaster but I hope to see it in my local asian store soon.

Trust me to go get some now and taste it for yourself, I had most of them that day, the others just don't stack up when eating durians compared to me!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! it looks so good! Maybe i should go to doncaster and get some ;)

xaverri said...

thanks for the tip! was just thinking of durian =)

Wuching said...

zerohorizon-trust me, u will not regret it! that goes for u 2, diana!

Yoong Family said...

really? they hv dat in oz? how fresh (or not) izzit?

Wuching said...

simon-d24 durians r the freshest in oz!

. said...

Quote:"...indescriptably tasty...".
Misspelling should be 'indescribably'.
Have you seen any other fresh or frozen Malaysian durian in Australia?
I have seen 500 gram packets of Thai frozen durian in Sydney,under the Sunshine brand,for $4.
But it doesn't taste quite as good as the whole frozen Thai imported durian.
Go to http://yourworship.blogspot.com for a lot of durian links.
The best link is the 'd...palace' link.