Monday, September 24, 2007

Red Rice

There are a lot of Vietnamese restaurants in Melbourne but whenever I go eat in them I only know how to order Broken Rice which comes with grilled pork, fried egg, shredded pork skin with broken rice. Or I'll order pho bo which is Vietnamese beef noodle.

So then one day when I went to my favourite Vietnamese restaurant in Richmond I asked the waiter to recommend me something new. He did and it was crispy skin chicken with red rice. Aitelyu this is yum! The chicken is fried to make the skin really crispy and crunchy and you dip it in ginger and fish sauce.

The rice is red because it is fried with tomato sauce, not ketchup but some kind of tomato sauce they make from real tomato. It's basically fried rice but red, goes down well with the chicken. Yummy yum yum!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My stomach is growling. Your fault!

Tiffany L said...

whoa, looks real good!

Wuching said...

che-cheh: guilty!

hedo: tastes good too

Anonymous said...

Oohh...broken rice! I haven't had that since I went back to M'sia. Yum! Too bad none of the Vietnamese restaurants here serve it.