Sunday, February 17, 2008

Buzy Bees

There's always something new in the city. I haven't been going into the city for quite some times mainly because of the inconvenience of parking but we did go down to Southbank for the CNY festival.

Eureka Tower is right in the middle of Southbank. It is the tallest residential building in the world reaching 253.5 metres with 92 storeys. On the top is a transparent skydeck that lets you see Melbourne in a clear enclosure!

But that's not what this post is about. This post is about the bees I saw on the side of the building when I was down at Southbank. I saw them being installed on television but this is the first time I've seen them up close.

Don't know what the bees symbolize but maybe to me they resemble the modern urban living of busy people in Melbourne. Everyone's too busy to enjoy life and they all live in high rise small apartments like the bee hives catacomb!

1 comment:

allthingspurple said...

yea, whats with the bees?

but you are right, urban living does resemble the bees living in restricted spaces.