Saturday, January 20, 2007

Singgahsana

We arrived at Kuching International Airport just before 9.00 pm and it was quite a pleasant trip despite being a budget airline. I've heard bad comments about AirAsia and I was expecting crappy service and long delay which fortunately did not happen to us.

Despite what other people said, I flew a total of 4 AirAsia flights and only 1 was delayed by about half an hour so I guess that's not too bad considering the money I paid for some of the tickets; RM5 from KL to JB wor! (tax no count la)

Touching down at Kuching Airport I was totally unfamiliar with it though the last time I was here was only 3 years ago. Much had changed since then, they've given this place a complete make-over it actually look nice now!

Eventhough I was born and grew up in Sarawak, I still had to get my Australian passport stamped before they let me into the state. They only gave me 30 days before I'll have to get out!

When we cleared immigration, we searched the welcoming crowd for QuaVadis but we didn't know how he looks like! I said to Terese to just look for the biggest person in the crowd and boy, was I right! I will not be describing how he looks like nor post his picture on my blog since he wants to remain anonymous.

QuaVadis or QV drove us to our hotel which is the Singgahsana Lodge located in the heart of the city. This place is more like a backpacking lodge than a hotel and it attracts most guests from the western countries.

Though cheaper to stay in the bunk rooms we chose to stay in their 'honeymoon' room! What do you think? Lomantik onot? The whole place is decorated with native crafts and paintings and stuff which the 'angmohs' really find inviting.

You also have to take off your shoes to walk around the place so the place is always spotless. The only thing I didn't like about my stay there was that they don't clean our room, give us fresh towels and we had to eat the same breakfast everyday though they're free! Other than that, we're quite happy staying there.

They also have a rooftop entertainment area where you can chill out, have a drink at the bar, play pool, watch DVD or just hang out. Its very hippie and thats why its popular with a lot of shoe string travellers like us from around the world.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can use Malaysia passport or not?

Anonymous said...

Wah Singgahsana is a nice place. I like the deco. The bed wow wow...fit for royalty!

Anonymous said...

wow..the four poster bed...how much the room...i may try it this chinese new year :)

Anonymous said...

Wuching! RM5 for flight ticket (with satisfactory service) and free breakfast at Singgahsana, you must be loving your stay in M'sia!

Wuching said...

neo: of course can lah but only if ur not sarawakian mah..

che-cheh: hehehe..u like ha, go visit sarawak & stay there lor!

bengbeng: u can check out their prices on their website.

narrowband: i did loved my stay in malaysia except for the cold i caught later!

me said...

looks terrible from the outside but actually quite happening inside hor? i like the place.

Anonymous said...

ya,outfront look so so...but inside waw...as ppl say dont judge the book by the cover,that betul!

Wuching said...

me: we enjoyed our stay there, i would recommend u go stay there if u go to kuching!

mspretty: my photos dun do it justice, check it out urself..its even better!

Wuching said...

SA: yes, the only way to fly in asia!

SooHK said...

To me a KLite, thinks the place looks interesting also

Wuching said...

soohk: u should go visit kuching & stay there!