Saturday, June 07, 2008

Building Fine Molds Millennium Falcon Step 5: The satellite dish

After finishing the cockpit its time to start work on other parts of the ship and in step 5 I got to build the satellite dish that goes on the left side of the ship's upper hull.

Though it's just a simple satellite dish there's a lot of pieces involved that needed to be glued together. That's how detailed Fine Molds' products are.

Some of the pieces I decided to glue them first before spray painting them since they'd come up better but other parts I needed to spray paint them separately because the paint needs to get into all the nooks and crannies.

Once the paint dries I could glue all the parts together and we have once satellite dish ready for the ship's hull. Next I'll be starting on the battle stations!

No comments: