Sunday, February 18, 2007

Going South To Malaka

Chinese New Year is officially over for me. That's how exciting it is with Chinese New Year in Australia. Tomorrow is a normal working day and everything festive is blown away with the firecrackers.

So while most people are still enjoying the festive season I'll continue to post on my Malaysian trip. We continue with Day 2 in KL when my brother decided to take a short trip down south to Malaka.

I used to wonder why West Malaysians like to complain so much about the tolls but after 2 days in KL I also tulan ledi! Everywhere you want to go also kena tolled and there's just no getting around it!

We thought the journey might take an hour and a half but because of less traffic we were able to get to Malaka in just over an hour. This was the first time I've ever set foot on Malaka, I've read about it throughout my school days but never had a chance to visit it until today.

I like Malaka, it's a small town but very touristy. It's also quite clean, well as least the places I went to were quite clean. Quite a contrast from the dirty Petaling Street in KL!

Malaka is full of history, every kids in Malaysia would've studied about Malaka from the earliest days when it was founded by some prince from Singapore or was it Sumatra? Through the foreign occupations by the Dutch, British and Japanese up till the present days.

When we arrived it was time for lunch and my brother told us about this kopitiam that serves the best Hainanese Chicken Rice in town which we must try! I'm sure most people would know where this kopitiam is.

And my brother was right, it does serve the best Hainanese Chicken Rice in Malaka and what's unique about them also is that they rolled the rice into tiny balls which I found it quite odd coz I cannot find a reason why they need to do that. Never mind, just as long as they wash their hands before they roll them!

10 comments:

Jonzz said...

Oooh Chicken Ball Rice!

It's tastier because they flavour it with their hands. Why else do u think!

WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Happy New Year and Gong Xi Fa Cai, wuching!

Anonymous said...

I like your posts! Very informative and entertaining. By the way, the person who founded Malacca, was Parameswara. He happened to be a Hindu prince from Temasek (I think) who was hiding from some raiders from the majapahit kingdom who was chasing him. He fled to Malacca to hide from them. :)
Happy to have found your blog! Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

So unncessary. Perhaps they r jus trying to b different. Unless they put the rice in a plastic bag and then roll it, I definitely won't want to eat it :)

Anonymous said...

Gimmick only lar. It tastes the same I guess?

Cocka Doodle said...

Did you get to try the peranakan food? It's one of the 'must try' at Melaka.

Anonymous said...

Kong Hei Fatt Choy!

Did you get to try the Melaka cendol?

Wuching said...

jonzz: oh gawk..i was afraid of that! happy new year to u too!

craftsman: thank you for your kind comment, please do come back again!

bengbeng: i'm sure they wear gloves to do that!

neo: yes, its all gimmick coz they do taste the same!

cocka: aiyo..so little time so much foods to try!

che-cheh: no time to try also lah!

Wuching said...

SA: tell me the bathroom humor please!

Anonymous said...

Yes, that chicken rice shop, very near to the river, corner one
It's very delicious
:)
One of the best

Wuching said...

SA: no! i've never heard that b4...only in america!

zeroimpact: thats the one!