Sunday, February 25, 2007

Merlion For The Day

We had the weekend to kill before flying back to Melbourne so the next day with nothing much planned we decided to walk the city and do the tourist thing. From our hotel at Bugis we found our way to Merlion Park.

Here all tourists come to see the famous Merlion, the lion head with fish body creature Singapore is so famous for. There were a lot of tourists there and everyone's busy camwhoring with the Merlion.

There is a smaller version of the Merlion there as well just in case the big one is too scary for you! I call this the baby Merlion but it's just a scaled down version of the big papa Merlion.

I was busting to take a leak but couldn't find a toilet so I decided to do it there and then! Well, no one came to tell me off so I guess it was alright. See, people went about their own business totally ignoring me peeing!

But the baby Merlion saw me doing that and spat on my face for being naughty! There's a punishment for me for my indecent act and it's not a fine or a lashing of the whip but...

...my punishment was to stand in for papa Merlion for the day spitting water out of my mouth! So boys and girls, when you're in a different country respect the laws of the land and don't be a dill like me. Singapore is a fine city!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

great photographic stunt :)

Anonymous said...

I think you are funnier than kennySia. Luv it.

Anonymous said...

ha ha ha... you're very farny! :) must be really seriously bored to do this. ha ha ha ha...

me said...

hahaha. cute.

Anonymous said...

I wonder what Terese is saying about all these funny stunts. She's the photographer right?

Good one! LOL

Ianfluenza said...

Haha! Well done sir...

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! vERY very good....:P

Back at work after week absence...yawn..still want to sleep but laughed till i am now bright awake after reading ur posting..

Jonzz said...

You drink too much water, wuching.

HA HA HA, nice shots!

Dabido said...

lol Funny. :-)

I did a similar photo of my friend Fumiko in Rome doing the water out the mouth thing. [Only, Rome has statues of Lions, and not Merlions].
I guess great minds think a like. ;-)

The one of you peeing cracked me up. ;-)

Good shot of the one of the baby Merlion spiting on you too. Great timing to get the water right. :-)

Wuching said...

bengbeng: thankz! :)

kuching: kenny who?

craftsman: yes, very bored in singapore..

me: hahaha..yeah?

che-cheh: terese ROFLHAO!

ianfluenza: you're welcome sir!

QV: my blog better than any alarm clock hor!

jonzz: nolah, not enuff..

dabido: they were all taken by trial & error coz it was difficult to view the lcd display on the camera during daytime! we just hope for the best!

Anonymous said...

You are playing with the lions!

Wuching said...

neo: nolah, lions punish me!

SA: yes, they're notorious for that!