Wednesday, August 01, 2007

How To Commit Blog Suicide

I've been writing paid posts on this blog for about 4 months now and I must say that if you wanna commit blog suicide then writing paid posts is the way to go! Before I started writing paid posts on this blog it had a PR5. Later Google revised it's page ranking system and the PR dropped to PR4 but today I found that its dropped even further to PR3!


So if you wanna kill your blog then write more paid posts. The readers left with the exception of loyal fansees. *Muaks* Also because I'm paying more attention to my new blog I tend to neglect this old blog a bit and that also drove readers away and with less traffic of course PR also drop lor! But look on the bright side of thing, I've made some money from writing paid posts so that kinda balance things out a bit. Dunno how low this blog's PR is gonna go down but whatever happen I'm still going to continue writing paid posts here coz I'm greedy! I mean what good is a blog when it doesn't make money for me? Dun care about fame, I just want greens! $DING$ $DING$ $DING$

11 comments:

Admin said...

My google tool bar show you have a 4.

Maybe it's ranking time again and their system is adjusting. hang on a few days to let it stablise and see how lor.

Anonymous said...

i checked u have 4

Simple American said...

It seemed the same happened to me. My traffic went down almost 25%.

Anonymous said...

Same thing happened to me - went from PR5 to PR 4. However the funny thing is that traffic to my site increased and Alexa rankings improved. I can also see that more people link to me. I guess they are penalising people who do paid posts especially those who do PPP.

Anonymous said...

Yours PR4 la.

Don't be sad. Life's like that. :P

Cocka Doodle said...

I for 1 won't read wan. Those stories all damn farking fake!

narrowband said...

Truth be told, I skip paid posts wan :p

Wuching said...

ah pek: i know, i saw it went down to 3 but now its back to 4 again..i dunno

bengbeng: can u gimme 1 more so i can have 5?

SA: thats what money does to our blogs!

adam: why would they penalise us? there's no logic to it.

che-cheh: i'm not sad la..i just say nia..

cocka: i dun expect ppl to read my paid posts, just my personal posts..

narrowband: me too, just dun skip my personal posts

Anonymous said...

I have to admit, I hate going to blogs with paid posts, because often the person is recommending things they've never used. lol
I find it funny visiting Malaysian blogs which have American ads on them.
But, I keep coming back here. It's the posts in between the paid ones that interest me.

-Dabido

Anonymous said...

thanks dabs....thats why i see still u at my blog. :)

wuching...it's like that lar. cant have it all right? :)

Anonymous said...

But i thought pagerank only take into consideration of backlinks? Also got see traffic 1 meh? Other ppl average 15 visitors also can get PR5 lah??