Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Peruvian Festival Continues

Yesterday I asked you to choose between latin dance and Star Wars figurine and much to my disappointment, 4 of you chose latin dance and only 2 of you chose Star Wars! :( OK nevermind, fair's fair you want latin dance, you got latin dance! Star Wars figurines just have to wait for another time so apologies to SA and Sengkor, they made me do it!

Right, we continue where we left off yesterday when I was about to get my face painted but I later chicken out to go watch the performances instead! These are all dances from Peru which I don't really know what they're called but its probably some sort of folkdance.

Then I saw these 4 lovely Peruvian lengluis shaking their booties in their native Peruvian costumes. They have very colourful clothings and funny cowboy hats that they wear.

I'm not really sure but I think all the dancers belong to this group that calls themselves children of "Chiqitines" and they pretty much did all the dances that day. Here we have the cowboys & cowgirls dance which is very energetic and fun. Do watch the short video clip later.

This I think is some sort of modern Peruvian dance in contrast to the folkdances earlier. They got these sexy voluptuous ladies and their strapping young lads gyrating their hips like Shakira!

Check out the folkdance below:



Do you think you can dance like them?

After all the dances, they took a couple of hours break but they had this Latin Dancing Class for beginners where anyone can join in to learn basic moves of Salsa, Cha Cha and Merengue. The class started with just the instructor and his fellow students at first coz everyone was too shy to join in!


But after watching them doing their grooves it was easy for the instructor to convince the audience to join in the fun and it was really fun! Lucky I was on the bridge or else I'd have been dragged into it. They made it look so easy but I'm sure its not especially for my stiff bones! But do watch the clip below and I bet you'll like to learn salsa too!



~The End~

13 comments:

ah nel said...

wow..dance in high heels...

Anonymous said...

Not bad, the cultural dance looks interesting, like cock fighting hahahaha..

I'm quite confident that you would be able to do the salsa.. :P

And you didn't paint your face? I know why..your Mrs. was with you..tat's why u chickened out hahahahaha but i think the view of seing her painting others is more interesting..no?

Cynthia said...

Hey! U scared you had to sleep in toilet that night after painting your face? Haha! =)

Salsa is nice.. We did latin dancing, and been to few dances b4..but seriously, i must say this is one of the 'hottest' dances i've seen. awesome man!=)

Anonymous said...

Thats one salsa worth dippin' yr cornchips into ! HOT! I'd jump right in if i was there.....be in the front row for best view of that sexy hunk's hips ! :P But my lofar glasses may fog up....

EK

Cocka Doodle said...

Llamas?? No Llamas?? Awww...No peruvian cultural show is complete with them.

me said...

wah! this one very inspirational. makes me want to go out and buy a ho-to dance vcd.

Anonymous said...

*shaking hips* one, two, one two, WOOHOO!!!

Wuching said...

ah nel: if u can dance, u can dance in any shoes!

QV: yes, watching her paint is more interesting..

cynthia: u can teach me how to dance for free hor!

EK: u should've been there!

cocka: soli no llamas coz its indoor & they poo everywhere!

SA: yes! star wars rawks!

me: good, then u can teach me!

hijackqueen: yeah..shake that booty!

Jo said...

waahhhh very nice. You got ask us to vote me? I must have missed that out after seeing 'the' cleavage.

Post anything but starwars figurine. LOL! Kidding. its your blog, of course you should post what you like.

King's wife said...

Aiya, you should have joined in mah. I'm sure all of us would love to see your moves. lol!

Pink Cotton said...

wow..seems like lots of fun..

hahaah im always afraid of concerts/shows/circus where performers try to drag members of the audience to join them on stage...which is why i always make it a point not to sit in the front-most row in any events..muahahahaha

Wuching said...

lil' joy: true that i should post whatever that pleases me but u r my readers!

king's wife: u wanna see my stiff moves ah? like a corpse!

pink cotton: hahahaha..same here! i'm too shy to participate!

Anonymous said...

Very interesting. Oh lala!