Friday, July 14, 2006

My First Blogger Meet

Finally I have a bit of time to sit down and write up the post on the little mini blogger meet with Yvy and the others last night. Sorry hor but its been a hectic week and I'm just catching up with my blogging!

So I was running late for the meet because Carlton was so busy even for a week night! I had to drive around a few blocks before I could find a park on the street. Haven't been here for many years and the place has certainly changed a lot! Everyone was there except me but lucky for me the venue was full and they had to go to another restaurant. Yvy called me to let me know about the new venue when I was still looking for a park!

I finally parked my car miles away and had to walk a few minutes before finding everyone making acquaintances at the new place, a nice little italian restaurant called Cafe Nortuna or something like that. This is the first time I met Yvy and Ted, Lao Chen, Xaverri and Pamela. I understand Xaverri wishes to remain anonymous so pardon me for the blurring of her face. She also told me that her parents were from Sibu also thus she's another foochow in Melbourne! From my recollection Pamela and Xaverri have just graduated, Xaverri is staying in Melbourne whereas Pamela is going back to KL. Lao Chen is a professional photographer with his dSLR camera and I felt so intimidated!

Ted is a quiet but easy to get along with kinda guy. He's a very likeable person and Yvy is exactly how I pictured her to be, a really friendly, bubbly, plenty to say person with a great sense of humour! We hit it off straight away! Hahahaha! I found myself with plenty to talk about with the lot, something I didn't know I could be! Scary! We had a lot to talk about mainly about other bloggers and readers like you! So much so that I only took a few snapshots of us. Sorry for the lack of photos but how many photos can I take of the 6 of us! You can find more photos of the meet at Lao Chen's blog here. Some of us just couldn't help ourselves with taking photos of the menu and our food! Speaking of food Yvy had chicken parmigiana, Ted had a pizza, Pamela had a risotto, Xaverri had tortellini and I've forgotten what Lao Chen had!


Seeing Pamela, Xaverri and Lao Chen makes me realised how 'not' young I am! This was my first blogger meet and I've enjoyed it tremendously. Now I'm not a virgin blogger meet attendee anymore! Hahahahaha! I look forward to more blogger meets here or in Malaysia!

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats, you've popped a cherry. :P

lingghezhi said...

blogger meet comin up man..
29th July @ Burger King KLCC..

Beer Brat said...

Did u remember wuching?.. about sending my regards... hehe. Looks like you have a ball of a time.

Anonymous said...

Looks like there are many Sibu foochow in Melbourne... and you get to meet so many of them.

Tan Yee Wei said...

Popping a cherry eh... interesting...
I'm not a professional photographer la, more like an unemployed (yet) mechanical engineer.

It was nice meeting you, although I did not talk to you much. Next time ok?

Cocka Doodle said...

Waa...the foochow community has colonized Melbourne liao!

Francis Ho said...

hello "uncle" wuching" keke ;)

Wuching said...

ivan: thank you! :)

lingghezi: sorry wor, its a bit far for me to go! but thank u! :)

beer brat: sorry mate, i'm getting old & forgetful..will make it up to u next time!

SA: wuah! din know i was the only virgin..i was in good company!

neo: haiyo! sibu foochow r everywhere!

lao chen: yes, i do apologise for not talking much to u & the other 2 girls..i was just too excited about meeting yvy so when we meet again we will catch up more!

cocka: soon there'll even be a foochow town, not just chinatown!

fh2o: aiya, u & i sama pangkat no need title wan lah! wuching will do!

Robin Wong said...

Whoahh.. blogger meet !!! Its happening everywhere nowadays !! woo hooo...

Anonymous said...

pix turned out great!!! :) hehehe...excited to meet me hor? so how, we very teh on, hor? ;) i had a blast of a time too....will blog in detail when i return home - tommorow..

Anonymous said...

Nobody talk foochow with me in kl :(

Wuching said...

robin: i think blogger meets should be held once every 3 months everywhere!

yvy: of course excited to meet u! u the veli the teh wan! dunno when i'll see u again tho..:(

neo: u foochow also ah? i din know..ok lah, i'll talk to u in foochow then; tow keh, ni eh ho meh? siap pah mui? ngui chiang ni siap kopi eh ley meh?

Anonymous said...

Don't worry la...you're young at heart ma. :PP

Helen said...

Woooo, exciting ler?? lol

It's always a nerve wrecking experience for me meeting other bloggers. lol

Wuching said...

che-cheh: :)

helen: tell me about it! like a virgin!

xaverri said...

Heys, diana here. Enjoyed the meet, nice meeting everyone where its like "six degrees" almost everyone is somehow connected to each other, looking forward to more meets :)

p/s -Neo, there's actually an association for Sarawakian foochow in KL/S'gor if you're interested. Its newly set up (in the past 2 years) so you might not hv known bout it.

seefei said...

you million watts smile shows that you had had a good time! did pamela got charmed by you or not, since she is juz sitting opp you?

Anonymous said...

Alamak...Foochows seems to be everywhere...maybe they are one of the lost tribes of Judah..hahahaha...Hmmm..Sarawakian Foochow association in KL/Sgor? My goodness..wats next? Sarawakian Foochow Association in Melbourne..Founder Wu Ching? hahahahahahaha Next thing you know..Wuching will claim himself to be as famous as Wong Nai Siong, the Founder and pioneer of the Foochow settlement in Sibu :P

Wuching said...

xaverri: yes it was great meeting everyone & i hope to attend more blog meet soon!

see fei: aiyo! how can u say lidat wor?! everybody's a charm!

QV: yes i'll be the father of modern foochows in melbourne & u can be my president of the association!

Anonymous said...

Am very happy and contented here in Kuching..guess you have to find another president elsewhere.....

Sooo...anyone want to be volunteer for the President of the Sibu Foochow Association (Melbourne Chapter)? Sorry Laksa..you're disqualified..you're not foochow and you're not from Sibu :P

Wuching said...

QV: aiya, then u can be the honourable malaysian attache mah! hahahaha!

Anonymous said...

hahahahahahaha...I wish..let me apply to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs first ah..then can have affairs with Foreigners :P

Anonymous said...

Wuching, why that guy name Lao Chen but he certainly looks younger than u??? He where got "lao"!! Ha ha ha ha! BTW, the word verification is "kotxd". That "KOTEX" used as verb kah???

Wuching said...

QV: that settles it! ur my rep in malaysia!

STP: thats his nick name lah! his real name is far from it!