Monday, December 31, 2007

Hot end to the year

It's the last day of the year and I've spent it at home trying to keep cool. What a way to end the year with temperature rising up to 42C and more hot days to follow.

Even though I've lived in Australia for so many years I still cannot understand how these kweilo think. With such a hot day I'm hiding inside my house trying to keep cool but my neighbours spent all day in the backyard, BBQ summore in the 42C heat!

Not only that they let their little kids play in the heat as well. *Roll eyes* Sometimes I can't help but wonder if they have half a brain. I can't stand the heat but they can't get enough of it.

Never mind lah...if they're happy to get themselves burnt to a crisp then it's their prerogative. I'm just a cina ahpek so what do I know about the danger of sun and skin cancer and all that. Happy New Year everybody!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

She'll be right mate!

Anonymous said...

Hahaha the comic is funny le. :P

Those angmohs think bathing in the sun is the IN thing ma.

Anonymous said...

Hehehe!! you the hot.. mine here the cold..!! so cold.. still can bring the kids out.. and stand outside the coffee shop and smoking away.. can die or not..??
It really infuriates me.. when young parents do that.. !! and get the children so sick..!!

Anonymous said...

totally agree with u!!! 27c oso like dying for me!! cant imagine 42...wahlau, pengsan lor!

sengkor said...

42? can cook oredi lor.. *crisp bacon smells*

Wuching said...

fair dinkum: no she's not

che-cheh: every year get skin cancer yet still they want to get burnt for what?

mama bok: should send them to parenting school

yvy: yalor, today also hot..but lucky for you sydney not so hot hor

yes, everything cook ledi..I just go out & grab anything also can eat wan!

mistyeiz said...

yalor...but still i kenot tahan!! lucky ella is still ok.

Choonie, the Guru said...

Ngaiti.. so hot how to live???