Wednesday, December 19, 2007

A way around it

Quick update on my sick desktop computer at home; the problem definitely lies in the motherboard. *Pin medal on Dabido* But I've found a way around the little problem without having to get a new motherboard or a new computer.

I noticed it stops at the stage where the BIOS was seeking the floppy disk so I went into the BIOS and disable the Boot Up Floppy Seek. This way it doesn't have to seek floppy every time it POSTs and I can boot right into Windows.

There's definitely a fault with the motherboard but I will keep using this PC until it dies on me in the future whenever that may be. I still have my new notebook to use should this PC dies but before that happens I'm not going to spend more money on another computer.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

didnt know u r so computer savvy-
Bengbeng

Choonie, the Guru said...

So 'li hai'!!! Next time can ask wuching to help with my computer's problem. FOC, of course... *run*

Anonymous said...

Yay! I got a medal! :-)

-Dabido

Anonymous said...

Wah pandai la

Wuching said...

bengbeng: anyone can be

choonie: FOC no problem, no warranty wan ah

Dabido: I'm taking that medal back coz I know now its the power supply & not the motherboard!

che-cheh: not really lah, just trial & error wan