Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Star Gazing

During the lunar eclipse just last week I had the rare opportunity to watch the event through some telescopes set up by my local astronomy club in the park near here. They’ve done this to generate interest in astronomy for the rest of us and I must say I was hooked after viewing the celestial bodies through their powerful telescopes.


I wanted to get myself a telescope straight away but a club member actually advised me to get a binocular first since I’m just a beginner so that I won’t be wasting too much money getting an expensive telescope if I should lose interest later on down the track. It was actually a good advice so I’ve looked and found OpticsPlanet.com that sells all kinds of astronomical binoculars. Apart from binoculars they also sell all kinds of imaging and optical devices like telescopes, night vision goggles and cameras. They even have plenty of information and advices on what to look for and which brand to get.

No comments: