Saturday, May 26, 2007

Keep those invaders out!

Here's a quick update on my little project which you may or may not know about. If you do then good on you but if you don't never mind coz it's not important that you know.

This is a roll of Edge Barrier from Nylex. It's a 8 metre long plastic for keeping unwanted roots from your neighbour out of your garden bed. I've finished digging up the ground and now I'm going to lay this barrier along the wall.

First I dig a trench all along the fence to a depth of about 300 mm, lay the plastic barrier and backfilled with soil. Keep those invaders out! Hopefully this will keep the neighbour's tree roots out of my yard for at least until my plants are established enough to fend for themselves. The soil is impoverished so my next step is to improve it with manure, compost and anything that will enrich it. Stay tuned!


7 comments:

JamyTan said...

I stay tuned !

clement said...

u hire a pro to do it for you?

Wuching said...

kayatan: very good!

clement: i do myself wor!

Anonymous said...

300mm only? How about tree roots that grow deeper?

Wuching said...

neo: enough lah!

Anonymous said...

wander this Edge Barrier really do work to keep invader root from ur neighbour???

WC,your really a Master hehe...learn alot thing from ur blog lei...

Wuching said...

mspretty: probably not for long but hopefully long enuff for my plants to get established so they have a fighting chance