Sunday, May 13, 2007

My Miracle Mom: Part II

To all the mothers of the world, have a wonderful day today! Hope you're all having a great day with your family, all I can do today is to give my mom a call later. I tried just then but she's gone to church so I'll try after I've finish writing this post.

Last year I told you about how my mom beat the odds to come out a winner against cancer. She's been cancer free for another year which is another miracle. Everyday is a miracle coz she's still with us and we have the Almighty to thank for that.

Not all is hunky dory I'm afraid. After extensive chemotherapy my mom's health has deteriorated and has never really recovered. Though she has been cancer free all these time she is never the same as before she had the cancer. She gets anxiety attacks, short tempered and memory loss. When she talks she can talk for forever not letting you have a word in but mainly repeating the same things over and over again because she had 'forgotten' that she's said that before. She also can't stand being idle, she needs to have company all the time and gets panic attacks if she's alone that's why she would ring up everyone just to talk...even at the weirdest hours! I'm a bad son, sometimes I would get very impatient with her and try to avoid a conversation with her because she can be a pain. I know it's not her fault coz she's not herself anymore but still I feel guilty when I do that...I think I'll try to call her again to wish her a Happy Mother's Day.


12 comments:

5xmom.com said...

God bless her! And may your mom's have good health throughout.

Anonymous said...

I don't have my parents any more. Brother: call her more often. appreciate them when they're still with us. Looking back, i wish things had been different for me :(

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother Day! And God bless! You look just like her...

JamyTan said...

Wuching, I know exactly what u siad.Thank you for sharing.

Cancer is like the 'f...' word.
Only 1 mth ago, my bro wrote to me that my dad has brain tumor, within this 1 mth, he has undergo 2 surgeries, radiations.

From a top notch bizma, Tai Chi guru to someone who could hardly speak, walk, have anxiety attack without company, cried often etc...
I feel so sad that I could help my 2 siblings for all the things they have done to my dad. ( I am going home after my summer A class).

Life is so fragile, we take for granted that we can eat, swollow and breath the air and we often said thing like, 'I want to go ..., I want to do this ...' but we don't know if tomorrow is there for us.

But, there is a great hope, when we go to heaven shore, there is no pain, no tears, no cancers and I look forward to that day.

Cocka Doodle said...

Happy Marder's Day, Wuching's mum!

me said...

sighhhhhhh....you are only human.

your mum looks like a real fighter.

Jonzz said...

Wah, that's kinda saddening. Losing memory.

Haiz... it takes a lot of effort to be patient all the time. Well, at least you try your best, right?

Anonymous said...

Awwww...
I try to appreciate my family more nowadays. Life is short.

Helen said...

Hope your mom had a great Mother's Day.

Your mom need someone to talk to? Teach her the bliss of MSN or friendters lar.. Just tell her to tell everybody she's 21.

Wuching said...

thank you everyone for your kind wishes! i will send your regards to my mom next time i speak to her!

Simple American said...

Very late Happy Mothers Day. Hope you reached your mom okay on the phone. Watching your mom get older is tough. God bless her.

Wuching said...

SA: yes i did reach her, thank you!