Thursday, May 24, 2007

Wuching vs The Aphids

It seems like I'm posting a lot of what I did in my garden posts lately but that's exactly what I've been doing all these times when the weather has cooled down heaps and I haven't been going amywhere.

As a rose grower would know it when the weather has cooled down so has the problem with aphids. These little critters love sucking up the saps of the young shoots and rose buds of my roses.

They multiply by the millions and can spread really quickly in just a few days. I once watch a documentary on TV on how fast they can reproduce, I was shock to see little babies popping out of the mother constantly like in a production line!

I hate these critters, sometimes I beh tahan so I squash them with my fingers and end up with green fingers...literally! But with infestation like this it's best to spray pesticide on them to keep them under control.

I've been using Malathion on them, this is powderful stuff, very lethal and only need a little to mix with water to make my toxic spray. Should wear protective clothing, face mask, gloves and goggle when using it but I lazy and just spray lidat! And never spray when windy else you get sprayed on. One time I sprayed when windy and the wind blew a bit into my fish pond and 1 fish died! I'm going to hell...

7 comments:

Sweetpea said...

the rose plant in my front yard isn't planted by us, but it's my job now to keep it alive. same problem here. but i use white oil, donno if it works. at least it won't kill a fish? :P

5xmom.com said...

Those little green things are so kiut!!!! I watched one documentary on them too. Wuching cruel, Wuching bad.

King's wife said...

So lethal ah?
Before you go anywhere, can do my tag first? hope u haven't already done it.. :)

JamyTan said...

I used to have lots of fire ants at our garden until I get a pest control guy to get it under control. Now I have contract with them yrly and it helps.

Anonymous said...

hehe...do not have such problem as no gardening at home..

Anonymous said...

Never heard of aphids before until now. Haha

Wuching said...

sweetpea: white oil not lethal enuff, try pyreteum

5xmom: aphids bad! they infest my fahwer!

king's wife: ur wish is my command!

kayatan: oh i heard of the femes fire ants in amadika, they're quite bad hor!

mspretty: u lucky lor!

che-cheh: well now u know!