Friday, October 26, 2007

Claim insurance or not?

I rang up my insurance company inquiring about the possibility of making a claim on the damage done to my laundry ceiling due to the leaky shower. I was told that I can claim for the damage done by the water but not for the repair of the leak meaning I still need to get my leaky shower fixed first before they can repair the ceiling. But I also have to pay an excess fee of $300 if I want to go ahead with the claim and my rating 1 will be demoted to rating 2.

Tomorrow someone will be coming to my house to find out where the leak is coming from so they can report back to the insurance company. Then I'll be able to get the leak fix before they fix the ceiling. I'm still undecided whether I want to claim it or not because if the repair can be done by myself cheaply I may just do it myself. We'll see...

No comments: