Wednesday, November 28, 2007

My favourite romance reads

I enjoy a good book everyday and one of my favorite types of novels is Romance Novels. There are many good romance novel writers in the world like Jo Beverley, Sherrilyn Kenyon and Marie Morning. But my most favorite author will have to be Lynn Kurland who writes paranormal romance novels like If I had You, This Is All I Ask and My Heart Stood Still. All these are some of my favorite novels from her; the stories are filled with entertaining characters, witty dialogues and supernatural themes.

I especially like the way she portrays her heroes in the stories as larger than life, manly, strong and yet can be gentle. The heroines are beautiful, fearless and courageous. The secondary characters are usually entertaining, funny and amusing adding to the funny side of the storylines. The stories are usually set upon the present days but eventually traveled back into time to medieval periods where knights in shinny armors fight for the hands of beautiful maidens. There’s usually the presence of meddling ghosts to stir up the stories but are never menacing.

I have read a lot of Lynn Kurland’s novels and loved every one of them. The next novel I’m looking forward to reading is When I Fall In Love which is her latest novel.


No comments: