Friday, September 24, 2010

My year in Los Angeles

When I was living in Los Angeles last year I bought myself a second hand Honda Civic so I could get around mainly from home to work and the occasional trips to the beach. The reason I bought a second hand car instead of a new car was because I was only expecting to be there for a year so a new car would depreciate in value too much.

The right choice was a second hand car but the problem with second hand cars is they tend to break down quite unexpectedly. Fortunately for me it was quite easy to find a Los Angeles auto repair shop near my place. The worst case scenario for me was when the head gasket blew up on me on the way to work one morning. Luckily for me I didn’t have to go too far to get it fixed but I did have to take the morning off work. I had a very understanding boss, I wish to go back to LA to work for him again soon. Hopefully next year unless I renew my contract with my present work.

No comments: