Monday, April 14, 2008

Building Boba Fett's Slave 1 Step 10, Part 2: The skirting

I'm starting work on the skirting of the ship. This part is actually quite tricky needing to get worn off peeled off paint look. I don't know if I can do it...

But first I needed a base for it using Tamiya's AS-16 gray on top as well as bottom since parts of the bottom will be exposed as well.

Then I had to mask the open areas so that when I spray the next color of hull red on it will not get into the bottom part of the skirting.

This is the skirting after I had sprayed with Mr. Hobby's 29 hull red color. I have removed the masking tapes, the middle part will be hidden later so it doesn't matter if it has bits of gray and red on it.

To make the worn peeled paint effect I scratched the surface with sand paper but I think I got carried away a bit and went overboard. There's a lot of deep ugly scratches on it. I think I'll have to redo this...

No comments: