Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Building Boba Fett's Slave 1 Step 10, Part 3: Finishing the skirting

I had to redo the skirting because I went overboard with scratching the paint. At first I thought of stripping all the paint off and start from scratch again like I did with the main hull.

But then I decided that I could just give it another coat of hull red and see how it turns out this time. The first time I scratched too hard and made some nasty deep scratch marks on the plastic that wouldn't go away. I'll just have to scratch those areas again later.

I decided to leave the scratching till the end so I continued painting the other parts of the skirting like these stripe down the middle with german grey.

I used these micron masking tapes to give me an accurate mask. They are very good, the paint won't bleed underneath like normal masking tapes do. I got these from Japan but I can't find them being sold here.

That's all the painting done to the skirting. Now to scratch the paint to get that worn out look.
I was very careful this time not to go overboard but just enough to make it look worn and old. That's the best I can do.

No comments: