Sunday, December 16, 2007

Sick PC

This weekend I found out that my desktop computer is having some problem. Seems like when I boot it up the first time it won't go past memory check; some thing to do with the BIOS.

But then if I go into the BIOS again it will boot again. So this happens all the time now, I thought may be the CMOS battery is dying but if that happens usually the time will be wrong but that is not the case so I don't know what the problem might be. It is an old PC so maybe it's time I get a new one!

3 comments:

Sumandak said...

yah..you should buy a new pc..btw, have you tried formatting the pc? it works for my pc

Ms One Boobie said...

yup..! time to retire the old.. and get a new one.. ;)

Anonymous said...

Mother board also.
My brother had same problem, and I surmised it was the motherboard. He took it to the PC repair guy two or three times before the repair guy worked out he needed a new motherboard.

Of course, not having looked at it, that's just my guess. :-)

If it's an old PC, then best thing to do is buy a new PC. [My brothers was a new PC]

-Dabido