Wednesday, December 12, 2007

They've come back with a vengeance

I'm glad I didn't throw those cumquat trees out when they weren't doing well. Instead I pruned them back real hard including the root balls leaving them to fend for themselves in small pots.

See how 'hard' I pruned them? They were over a meter tall and the root balls were four times the size I cut them into. Then I just stuck them in two small pots and left them be.

But look at them now! They've come back with a vengeance and thriving, lots of healthy green growth but no flowers yet. Soon I think, now I really can't get rid of them. Gotta find a more permanent home for them, you want one?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wah wahhh they've grown up liao. Hope they'll bear fruit by CNY.

Anonymous said...

I feel sorry for those two reindeer you killed and buried up to their antlers. At least they're growing though. :-)
Is Santa missing them? :-)

-Dabido

Silent Reader said...

Yep, I want one if you are giving it away.
Email me at say_ong@yahoo.com or ong@alltruckbodies.com.au.
Ta

Ms One Boobie said...

Nice..!! i donch have green fingers.. :( my plants all die.. :(

Wuching said...

che-cheh: just in time for CNY!

dabido: thats a good one!

silent reader: you in Melbourne?

mamabok: you need to water them

Silent Reader said...

Yep, I am in Melbourne, Glen Waverley