Saturday, October 29, 2005

Conservatory Revisited

You may recall a previous post I did on the Conservatory in Fitzroy Garden last month.As you may remember, I did mention that they change their display 4 times a year. Last time it was the Cineraria and Cyclamen display.
Today I'm going to show you their latest display for the months of September to November using Schizanthus and Calceolaria.
They also add in other genus of plants like these orchids to compliment the Schizanthus.
Schizanthus are sometimes called Poor Man's Orchids but are more related to the petunias family. These annuals do look like miniature orchids and come in shades of pink, mauve, red, purple and white.
Calceolaria or Slipper Flowers are native to the Americas and comes in over 300 species ranging from tiny annuals to herbaceous perenials. Sometimes they are called Ladies' Purses because of their shape that resemble a purse.

Well I must say, though pretty as this display may be, it wasn't as nice as the previous one with the cineraria and cyclamen. This display will be on show until November when the Hydrangea and Fuchsia display will take it's place in the Fitzroy Conservatory and I'll be posting that in my blog as well so watch this space!

5 comments:

Alex Allied said...

Your goldie fish pics are in Suck On these balls post. Smtg wrong? and I see the Boss Sleeping post gone, smtg wrong again?

Anyway, you love flowers eh?

Wuching said...

alex allied-thanz for letting me know, i've checked & it's ok now, sometimes blogger has problems like this, i don't know why, stupid blogger! i should just get my own server, eh can u help me setup my own domain & webhosting too? i'm illiterate in this..HELP!!!
btw, i like gardening in general, been doing that since very small, even in sibu :)

Alex Allied said...

i would be happy to do so. well, if you're really interested, jz contact me at alexallied@yahoo.com

I'll guide you through all the steps required. all u've to pay are those domain name + hosting.

Anonymous said...

wahh.. so beautiful. Gals love when it came to flower.
Our weakness...

Wuching said...

alex allied-thank u, will do.

ylang-i'm glad u like it..btw, u've been mia for some times, glad ur back :)