Friday, December 22, 2006

Why I Hate Going To The Dentist

I almost forgotten how much I hate going to the dentists until today. Not because of the drillings and jack-hammerings of my teeth coz for some reason I'm never bothered with those discomfort unlike most people. What I don't like about dentists (especially the dentists in Australia) is how 1 visit can turn out to be 3 or 4 visits over a stretch of time spanning 2 or 3 months!


Yes I went to the dentist today because I had a small cavity that needed to be fixed and decided to have all my teeth cleaned as well to get rid of the coffee stains! So you would think its a straight forward procedure, fix my cavity and clean my teeth. Should be done in half an hour but no! My appointment was for 2 pm but I didn't get out of the dental surgery till about 3.30 pm!

When its all done the dentist had to take 2 x-ray of my other teeth and later explained to me that he found many other smaller cavities that I should get them fixed at a later date. The x-rays were for my teeth that had receeding gum so he wanted to see how bad it is underneath the gum. So 2 more appointments need to be made to get my other teeth done! Damn! Why can't he just blardy do exactly what I wanted him to do? Always have to come back for more! That's why I don't like dentists! They get me back so they can over-charge me again, just see what he charged me today;

Periodic oral examination (Just by looking he oredi charge): $38.00
Removal sipra & subging calc & plague - 1st visit
(What 1st visit? I don't want a 2nd visit!): $78.00
Intraoral periapical or bitewing radiograph - per film (X-ray lah): $25.00
Intraoral periapical or bitewing radiograph - per film (X-ray again!): $25.00
Adhesive restoration (Clean teeth lor): $160.00

Total: $326.00!!!
My pearly whites: Priceless!

Pokkai loh! If you are deciding what course to take, go to dental school and be a dentist. Gerenti you become rich very quick! As for my future appointments, do you think I should go? After today, I hate dentists again so I don't want to see another dentist for a long long time! Seems like every dentist in Australia will get you in for follow up appintments so they can rip you off summore. Same goes to chiropractors and other professionals, they're all blood suckers!

16 comments:

King's wife said...

Same with hairdressers! :D

5xmom.com said...

Hoi, you no need to make all pearly whites likedat only kambek mariasia mah. Later, all the bloggers blinded by the sparkles.

BTW, in case I didn't catch you later, have a smooth flight, Merry Christmas and God bless! When you see STP, ask him why he merajuk never pop by my blog anymore. Rinduuuu

Anonymous said...

I hate dentist too. Eeeeee

Pink Cotton said...

ROF!

poor you...

well you cant blame them dentists you kno?if our teeth starts to rot and fall off eventually...they will not have any teeth to treat and therefore no income!

so i gez their motive is just to SAVE ALL THE TEETH IN THE WORLD~~

hahha

anyway...MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!! HOHOHO been a good boy? ;)

Anonymous said...

Whoa... It just not cheap at all... Dude, take care of your teeth wei...

Johnny said...

I also don't like dentist....

anyway Merry X'mas!

Cocka Doodle said...

I once fell asleep while having my teeth scaled. LOL

Anonymous said...

Holy Cow!!! U should do your dentistry stuff back in Malaysia!

Haiya! It's only the matter of few days to go till we all catch up with you here in Kuching!

Anonymous said...

U know what? Dentist is the most demanded profession in Ostalia!! People from overseas are literally taking up dentistry courses to snatch themselves that PR.

and the job is a gold mine :)

J said...

OUCH...
That's so expensive!

Poor thing..
Hey, at least your teeth are in the best possible condition now, right?

So, you're ready for many intense rounds of makan-makan in Msia.
:)

Nine3 Nine3 said...

I dont want to become dentist I want to become gynaecologists

Wuching,

Wishing You and Your Love's one a "MERRY CHRISTMAS"

Looking forward seeing you in KL

Luv
9393

Wuching said...

king's wife: ya kah? i didn't know that!

5xmom: thank u, u have a great christmas also! stp CBC me liao, dunwan to see me anymore! :(

che-cheh: lets have a hate dentists day!

pink cotton: thank you! u have a merry christmas also!

wong: i try very hard to take care of my teeth liao!

johnny: thank you! u have a great christmas too!

cocka: lol how did u manage to fall asleep? that boring kah?

kenjj: yes, i should've!

alexallied: why u no take up dentistry?

j: yes, my teeth r ready for foods, foods foods!

nine3nine3: gynaecologists see lobang everyday all blurred oredi! lol..u have a great christmas!

Anonymous said...

But the dentist kid will get a great education.

Fashionasia said...

Merry christmas n happy new year wuching!
btw, u should come back n get it done in Msia, much cheaper lo.

kachuaz said...

lol. wat about vets? i hope they are not blood suckers.

*blinks*

Unknown said...

Taking care of teeth is a necessary process for everyone. By consulting to dentists one can have check-ups which also provides them to have several solutions to how to properly maintain the shine and health of teeth.

Smile Professionals