Friday, December 01, 2006

World AIDS Day Concert

Today being the 1st of December is the first day of summer in Australia. It is also World AIDS Day.

Just so happened that last Sunday I chanced upon the World AIDS Day free concert at Federation Square in the city. The concert featured local artists like Rob Mills and Kate Alexa.

The concert drew a large crowd to the square and the weather was fabulous with sunny sky and light cool southerly wind so as not to get too hot so everyone can enjoy the concert.

As usual Mayor John So was there to officially declare the concert open so the party could begin. I don't know what is it about John So but he's so popular everyone loves him be them asian or european descent.

I can't remember who this guy is but he does have a good voice. In fact I don't really know any of the artists performing on the day so don't feel bad if you don't know them either because they are after all local Australian artists.

However I do know this young rising star, her name is Kate Alexa and her debut album is Broken & Beautiful packed with pop hits like Always There and My Days Will Come.

Before I left I watched one last act by Cousin Leonard who I think are also very good. Don't just take my words for it, watch the video clip below of their performance and judge it for yourself!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Melbourne seems to be such a happening-place!

Anonymous said...

No Andy Lau performing? :)

Anonymous said...

Isn't that guy with the guitar is the infamous John Butler?

Cynthia said...

World AIDS Day in victoria is big.
in Perth..we sell Red Ribbons in the street, shaking tin, collect money.
I did that lasy yr. This is, happened I have to work extra..end up staying in my work place all day.

Anonymous said...

Hey everytime when you go to these happening events, you encounter any traffic jams or not?

Anonymous said...

Busy weekend? :)

Wuching said...

just me: yes, it is!

neo: Andy Lau never come down here leh!

kenjj: nolah, not john butler!

cynthia: we sell red ribbons, shaling tins & collect money here also..but we also have free concert!

che-cheh: noleh, i know how to get around traffic jams very well!

SA: what's free is always cool!

Anonymous said...

Key word here is "Free"