Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Attack Of The Birds!

During Spring a lot of God's creatures take the advantage of the warm weather to procreate young ones. Let me tell you about the bees and the birds..well, maybe just the birds today.

These 2 love birds really did do it coz they're the proud parents of some chicks who've just hatched. They are seagulls and made their nest on top of this awning where I work and they are very protective of their babies! Just look at their suspicious looking eyes staring down on me!

Unfortunately 1 of their babies fell down from the nest and could not fly back up and is hiding underneath this pallet here. I could not get a better shot than this coz I was too scared to get closer for fear of the parents attacking me when I wasn't looking!

As soon as I got close to the baby they swooped down to attack, screeching and sqalling like no tomorrow! I really thought they were going to scratch my eyes out when they swooped down upon me when I tried to check out the baby. This time of the year better to stay well clear of birds and their nests. Check out the video clip I took of them!


17 comments:

ah nel said...

sure the baby bird became ur dinner huh???

Fashionasia said...

aussie really alot of seagulls hor...
first pic i took when i came out of sydney airport is the seagull...haha...never see b4 ma..so jakun i know.. :>

Cocka Doodle said...

Use catapult shoot the the parent birds. Then cook all for dinner.
Save your trip to the supermart...save on chicken etc.

Wuching said...

ah nel: aiyo..i'm not so evil!

fashionasia: hahahaha..too many seagulls here, pesty!

cocka: i'm not sure if seagulls r edible!

SA: lucky i didn't get bombed! but serve me right if i did for provoking them!

me said...

what next? a review of the cockroaches in your house?

Anonymous said...

Taking over the Late Steve Irwin's job are we? What's next, Wuching the Seagulls hunter? hehehe

Wuching said...

me: i dun have cockroaches in my house, ants got! how about ants?

QV: crikey! what was that!

Anonymous said...

golly!! you caught that on video!! you should be working for national Geogrhapic!

Anonymous said...

Poor bird. What happen to the baby? Die?

Anonymous said...

Bring a catapult haha...

sengkor said...

is tht a snippet from Alfred Hitchcock's The Bird..?

Wuching said...

hijackqueen: we couldn't find the bird family the next day, dunno what happened to them..

neo: nasty!

sengkor: i'm alfred hitchcock wannabe!

Anonymous said...

Shoot down some birds?

Anonymous said...

Wah wah wah the seagulls so ganas. Fuiohhhhh

Anonymous said...

Haiya! So disappointed! Was wondering what "birds" u were going to talk about!!! That kind of birds...u come back to Sibu lah!! Millions of them...and if u walk without an umbrella, u may get the shit on ur head!! After dinner, u go back to your car, u can't recognise anyomore!!! All splattered!!!! Careful, ya? Maybe got bird flu!

Wuching said...

neo: dun do that!

che-cheh: i never like the sea gulls!

STP: what birds were u thinking about? u better cut down on ur red bull!

Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha ha ha!!!! Where got time to look at real birds? Only when shit lands on head, u look up and curse, "Kan-ni-now-hia-chau-c...-b...!!!"