Sunday, September 03, 2006

Viet Palace

There's a new restaurant that's just open up in the suburb I live in and its called Viet Palace. As the name suggests this is a vietnamese restaurant and the only one in the suburb!

They're giving a 10% discount to all customers in the first 2 weeks to drum up customers. This place used to be a Hong Kong style chinese restaurant but obviously it didn't make any money and they had to shut down!

As most people who know me know that Terese and I love vietnamese foods so we just had to give this place a go. The price is slightly more expensive than the typical vietnamese restaurants in Richmond or Springvale but it is the only vietnamese restaurant here.

To find out how good a restaurant is you have to try out their regular dish first so in the case of a vietnamese eatery, Com Tam is the one to go. Its a typical vietnamese broken rice with grilled pork, egg and other ingredients. Not bad at all but the pork is a bit on the fatty side.


Terese's favourite is the Cambodian Noodle with prawns, char siew and minced pork in soup. Very tasty soup full of msg I'm sure but good nonetheless! Yes, good foods..will definitely come back next time.

17 comments:

5xmom.com said...

Where's the fire engine? Where are the candles? Hahahaha, never mind, you can take jibe at me in a few days more.

Anonymous said...

I say, Aunty celebrating her birthday soon rite...wonder if I will faint from the heat of the candle..hehehehehehehehehehehe

Nice restuarant, the noodles dish reminds me of the kolo mee soup i can find at carpentar street lau ia keng...remind me to take you and the mrs there to try it when u get here

PabloPabla said...

Looks really good! I am sure they have Vietnamese cooks to cook authentic Vietnamese cuisine unlike some of the restaurants here.

Wuching said...

5xmom: oi! i'm not posting on my birday lah!

QV: dun worry..i'll be reminding u of many places to go!

pablopabla: u mean the vietnamese foods in kl not cooked by vietnamese?

Anonymous said...

Looks yummy. I haven't try any Viet food before.

seefei said...

these are regular vietnamese dish har? will try at some local one and see how... tks for the tip!

Anonymous said...

nothing to do with food whatsoever, but since you're in Oz, is it true that famous Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin was killed by a stingray?

Wuching said...

che-cheh: give them a go, u might like them!

see fei: also try their pho bo(beef noodle soup) or pho ka(chicken noodle soup)

C4STP: yes it is true & i knew about it first from QV when he sms me, how he knew quicker than me i also dun know! but its all true!

5xmom.com said...

Fuwah, QV? SMS to OZ also can?

Wuching said...

5xmom: u can also..it'll only cost u 20 sen! wanna sms me?

Anonymous said...

oh gosh..u make me miss melbourne soooo much,,,u got to stop posting the food pix...it's killing me...

Anonymous said...

Looks nice.

Hong Kong style chinese restaurant can't make money there? In KL, they make tonnes of money, just look at how many of them have opened.

Wuching said...

laundryamah: food here not as nice as malaysian food lah!

neo: coz not enuff hk ppl here in my suburb mah..

PabloPabla said...

Here, you have Italian restaurants with Malay or Indonesian chefs, Chinese hawker stalls with Indonesian ladies cooking etc. I won't be surprised if the chefs in 'em Vietnamese restaurants are not Vietnamese.

Wuching said...

pablopabla: we do get different races cooking different foods here as well but ur right, sometimes its just not authentic enuff!

xaverri said...

I like vietnamese food too :) Your pics gonna make me miss Melb more

diana

Wuching said...

xaverri: then do visit me everyday!