Sunday, July 03, 2005

My new DVD Burner.

I bought my first DVD burner back in 2003 when DVD burners were just starting to come down in price. I decided to go with Sony because of its name and because it supported both the + and - formats. I was very happy with it, it has served me well but now occasionally I would get write errors, it still reads OK. Because it was still under warranty from where I bought it, I rang them up and told them the problem. I was told they would raise a warranty claim for it and 2 weeks later the claim was approved for a replacement unit!
Sony has stopped selling the DRU-510A which is what I've got so I was given a better replacement, the new DRU-800A! Not only its faster than the DRU-510A, it supports dual layer media as well. Very cool!
They didn't ask me to return the faulty DVD burner and since I'm still able to read with it, I've decided to keep it along with the new DRU-800A so I can do direct disc to disc copy. From the picture above, the DRU-800A is on top and the DRU-510A is underneath it, they look nice together. I like the look of them but I've yet to test run the DRU-800A. Will let you know how it is next time.

No comments: