Saturday, July 23, 2005

Welcome to my backyard.

It's a typical winter day today; cold and windy but no rain. I dragged myself up into the backyard to continue my winter chores. Yes, that comes with my passion for gardening. Winter is a time for preparation if I want to reap the reward that follows spring and summer. There's not much to see in winter so I'm showing some of the pictures I took last spring and summer. Come through the back door and step into my little haven, just ignore the neighbours' houses in the back.
I grow heaps of patio roses in terracotta pots.
I also grow hybrid tea roses in the back. I can't remember how many different species of them I got but here's some of them...
Gold Bunny of the floribunda genus, lightly perfumed...
Blue Moon, hybrid tea, highly perfumed...
A bunch of Brilliant Pink Iceberg, a floribunda genus but very light scented, popular among the gardeners because they are easy to grow...
Next we have Joyfulness, hybrid tea and very strongly perfumed.
In fact, all these are very highly perfumed; Double Delight, Sheer Bliss, Mister Lincoln, etc...If you've a passion gardening, I like to know you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

omg!! they are gorgeous!!! :)

Wuching said...

yvy: thank you very much! (takes a bow)