Sunday, July 10, 2005

Slash and Burn!

WARNING: GREENIES AND TREE HUGGERS ARE ADVISED NOT TO READ THIS POST; IT CONTAINS IMAGES THAT MAY CAUSE SERIOUS DISTRESS!

The weather was a bit nicer than yesterday; no more rain and I think the sun is coming out. I have a million things to do in the garden and I've been procrastinating and making excuses to put them off for far too long now. There is no excuse today, I have to start on them, I think I'll start with those pomegranate trees by the fence. I've had them for 5 years but the fruits are not very sweet, time to replace them...
The first one was easy to come down, even the roots did not give me any problem.
But the second one proves to be a little difficult mainly with the roots...
...it even broke my spade and I had to use a changkol to dig up the roots!
Next on my list would be the cypress tree in the other corner which has contracted cypress canker, a form of fungal disease that kills off the leaves and branches. I supposed I could just cut off the dead leaves and branches but then that would leave gapping hole in the tree that won't grow back. So I think it'll have to go but I'll leave that for another day...procrastinating again!

No comments: