Wednesday, January 17, 2007

This Is What I Came Back To.

Well I'm back in Melbourne after nearly 3 weeks visiting Malaysia and Singapore. I thought I would get a huge relief from the heat and humidity once I reach Melbourne but I was so wrong!

It was 40C when we arrived and there were bushfires again, infact the bushfires burnt down our power supplies so much of Melbourne was in a black-out. No electricity in the middle of a 40C day!

Moreover with stage 3 water restriction in force meaning watering of gardens can only be done in early mornings or late evenings 2 days of the week, all my plants suffered and some are dead!

The forecast for today was for another hot day but I'm glad they got it wrong when it only reached 34C early morning and then quickly the cool change came through and cooled everything down.

I think I'll have to give up gardening and find a different hobby that won't require water. Its disheartening to see all my plants dried up and died like that. *sigh*

Well at least the fish did OK, they're still alive and kicking. The house is a mess and lots need to be done and I'm going back to work tomorrow. I'll do them slowly, one thing at a time..

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMFG!!!!! your plants all mampus ledi!! you never ask your neighbor to water for you meh???

Anonymous said...

Aiyo... all the water come to JB liao :)

King's wife said...

post holiday blues. :(

Kesian the plants. Like Ahpek said, why you din ask your neighbours to water for you??

Anonymous said...

OHMYGOD OHMYGOD so cham la your plants.

Anonymous said...

If I were you..my plants die like that? I will cry hell and heaven!!!!! Yeah..maybe my tears can help. Haha
sim tia!!

5xmom.com said...

Awww....*sobs* With all our tears, enuff to water the plant yet?

Now Wuching must spend money to buy flowers for Mrs. Wuching on Valentine's Day! So much for labour of love. Ish.

BTW, welcome back. And in case you want to find a new hobby in place of gardening, how about blogging!

Jo said...

Aiyoyo.... My heart aches for your plants too.. Am sure with your tender love and care, they will be restored to their full glory. Meanwhile, baby steps. When you have settled down, send us the photos you took that night ok? :)

Anonymous said...

Tumpang lalu, addition to 5xmom; it should be blog for $ :) Haha.

Jonzz said...

Hi, first time I'm commenting here. Wow, how long were you away?

Well, you can do one thing. Take note of all the hardy plants and just cultivate those if you have to make frequent trips.

me said...

i remembered not too long ago, there was a freak snowstorm in melbourne. from that to this heatwave in a month?! very strange weather.

Anonymous said...

Yikes!!!! 3 weeks here and your house turn into a barren wasteland?? Poor you...well..a new year..a new start....so try something new?

Anonymous said...

oh....cham,never mind cheers up and start for new groups la....

Anonymous said...

No worries, you like to do hand work bah... Now there are tons of it... Way to go Ching Ching!

Wuching said...

ah pek: my neighbours also go away for horidays!

neo: thats right, send some water down this way!

king's wife: with stage 3 water restriction, i couldn't bother ppl to water my garden in late & early hours mah..

che-cheh: send some money so i can buy new ones!

cynthia: aiya no need to cry lah, just buy new ones!

5xmom: blogging is already my hobby so maybe thats enuff hor..

jomel: i think i'm going to plant plastic plants!

neo: if i blog for $$$ i wouldn't know how to write!

jonzz: welcome! i've taken note of the survivals & they're cactus!

me: they say melbourne has 4 seasons in 1 day, thats how freakish the weather can be here!

QV: true also..new year means new things so new plants hor!

mspretty: thank u..i'll soldier on!

wong: yeah i like hand jobs! ching ching!

Anonymous said...

yor.. poor thing...

burnt so many plant...

Wuching said...

cely: yalor! :(

SA: i need a permanent vacation!