Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Desperate Time Calls For Desperate Measure

Melbourne is now in Stage 3a water restriction meaning I can only water my garden twice a week for 2 hours at a time and from 6 am till 8 am in the morning. Celaka! I'm not getting up at 6 am to water my garden OK?! I need my beauty sleep so this kind of arrangement just don't do it for me. There has to be a better way, sure I could install the most expensive automatic watering system but why should I spend more money to save water. But my garden is suffering so desperate time calls for desperate measure. I know a better way to save water, save money and at the same time tone up my muscles! *wink wink*


Heck! This is what I've been doing, you know that water you shower everyday that just go down the drain into god knows where? Well, instead of wasting it down the drain I've collected them with buckets under the shower. This way I manage to save quite a bit of water from every shower I take. I take 2 showers a day, Terese does her share of collecting this grey water too and the amount of water we collect each day is enough to water my garden 2 times over! I kid you not, now I don't even have to use the main tap water for watering the garden. My water bill has dropped significantly since last year and all these carrying water in buckets from upstairs to the garden has tone up my muscles! Maybe I will get my six packs back, here's wishful thinking. Hahahaha...

But I do have one problem though and that is I have to tippy toe around in the shower making sure my feet are in each bucket and trying to keep my balance while showering! LOL, I'm looking for a big bucket so I can just stand inside it but I cannot find one anywhere. All the shops I've been to don't have the right size and shape but I did find the perfect one online. It's a special square shape bucket for dunno for what but it has the right size and will fit perfectly in the shower cubicle. The only problem is it cost $333.80 wor! I'm not paying that much money for a plastic box! So I'll keep on looking and in the meantime I just have to watch where I step on in the shower. If you have any suggestion do let me know ha!


7 comments:

akleincney said...

WC.. I got one solution for you to save your $300.. instead of buying the plastic / fiber box to collect water, just go ebay buy the inflatable pool.. which cost less than $50..hehe.. at least you don't need to tippy toe anymore ~ =p

Anonymous said...

Wah Darth Wuching's idea very good.

Looking at the photo, you still have room to stand meh?

Anonymous said...

haha...really good idea lei..collect ur own shower water,but inside the small bucket??how u balance urslf?got photo to show us!
akleincney,her idea brilliant !!

The Miserable said...

I think you better collect the water or shits from the toilet bowl, so that you can save more on buying fertilizers. Just kidding...

Wuching said...

akleincney: inflatable pool? can fit in my shower cubicle onot?

che-cheh: i have my feet in each buckets! hehehehe

SA: yes, must save water..next i'll drink my own pee..

mspretty: u want to see photo of me in the shower? paiseh! *blush*

tiuniasing: that would be good but its not very hygenic!

Anonymous said...

Put your feet inside the buckets?

Wuching said...

neo: yalor!