Monday, May 07, 2007

Wuching Makes Breakfast

In a busy and hectic life, how many of us have the luxury of time to have a proper breakfast let alone a healthy one. I used to have coffee with a cigarette many many years ago before I was married but I knew I couldn't live like that forever.

Let me show you what I have for breakfast almost every morning, it's easy and quick and I'm happy to let you have a peek into my morning routine. I like focaccia bread and a small portion is enough to fill me up for the morning till lunch.

Cut the cut portion horizontally so I'll end up with 2 slices. Focaccia is a flat bread topped with spices and other products, which is related to modern pizza. Focaccia doughs are similar in style and texture to pizza doughs consisting of high-gluten flour, oil, water, sugar, salt and yeast. (source)

I like mine toasted also so a couple of minutes in the toaster on medium heat is a must. Sometimes I need to toast it a couple of minutes longer to get that golden brown colour.

This is what I aim for when I toast them, maybe a bit browner would be nicer but today I'm lazy so it will have to do. You can eat them like that or with fillings as sandwich but I just like some spreads on them.

Spread a generous amount of margarine or butter over the flat surface covering any 'holes' along the way. You can also use peanut butter, strawberry jam or vegemite it doesn't really matter as long as you like it!

Lastly I like to drizzle some honey over the buttered focaccia toasts, making it sweet plus honey is good for your health. Eat more honey, remember Wuching told you so!

VoilĂ ! My quick and easy breakfast toasts to go with my cup of coffee. I'll have this while checking my morning emails. Damn! No traffic today...show me your breakfast.

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kao... Really a good breakfast o.. Where is mine?

Anonymous said...

Respect you to spend time to prepare such a healthy breakfast. Now, where is mine?

5xmom.com said...

OK, you just tempted me with butter and honey. I hate you!

I normally don't have breakfast because by the time I woke up, it is lunch time.

Cynthia said...

so ngam..i also did a post of my sunday brekky this morning.

i have pancake!!!!! kian made one =)

steverobbo said...

Looks delicious. It's been a few years since I last had the 'full English'. The idea of breakfast with honey will saty with me. Thanks.

Dabido said...

Awww, man! I'm on a diet!!!!

JamyTan said...

Very unhealthy breakfast.
White bread and butter is a no no.
U should get whole wheat / grain bread and low sodium / low fat magarine.

Wheat cereal and whole wheat oat meat is simple and nutritious breakfast.

Wheat or whole grain has a lot of fibers. Fibers has been proven to reduce HTN and CA risks.

If you think oat meal does not taste good, throw in a few blue berries , or red berries, honey , it will be as good as u could get it.

Sorry lah, I work in the medical field so I am very health conscious lah.

Robin Wong said...

I prefer old style kaya and toast !! aaahhahhaa...
cornflakes rules too..

Jonzz said...

Yummy! Toasted bread and butter (AND HONEY!)

My stomach growls at you for putting up the pictures before breakfast!

Pink Cotton said...

FUHHHHHHH

VERY NICE!!!

my breakfast today?
anything which can be grabbed from the fridge in 1 minutes time b4 i hit the road...the answer YOGHURT!

fast and convenient..muahaha

Anonymous said...

Yummy! You eat so little..full meh?

CLare said...

When I wake up, it's lunch time already...~!

sengkor said...

what? no ham, bacon, meatloaf, lettuce, tomato, cucumber..?

Wuching said...

wong: if u visit me, i'll make one for u!

neo: no time at all lah but its not really healthy wor..

5xmom: u can have it for midnight snack when ur writing ur paid posts!

cynthia: great minds think alike!

steverobbo: aiya, sap sap sui lah..make urself one tomorrow!

dabido: on diet still has to eat!

kayatan: damn! now i have to change breakfast!

robin: cornflakes are for whims! try nutrigrains!

jonzz: go eat roti chanai for me!

pink cotton: yogurt only ah? i bet u have kolo mee later!

che-cheh: i need to watch my figure mah! *shy*

sengkor: no time!

Anonymous said...

I show you mine tomorrow ya..!
It's 8.20pm here in Canada..!

cc said...

Oh, the combination of toasted Focaccia andhoney is a killer! Yummy! :)

p/s: Hello, first time commenting here. :)

Wuching said...

mama bok: OK!

cc: thankz for coming! do come back ya!

Simple American said...

That looks real good. Would like that when I can eat bread in two weeks.

Anonymous said...

Make sure that is not immitation honey, if not, jialat!

Wuching said...

SA: hahaha..good luck with your diet!

hijackqueen: i only eat oliginal one!