Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Planting Snapdragon

Its spring time and the weather is getting warm. My hands are starting to itch, I wanna get busy in the garden and just by coincidence KMART is running a sale on their gardening products.

I picked up 4 bags of premium potting mix for $3.50 each, normally they sell for about $5 per bag. I like using this brand because they are premium grade and they have a good mix of different ingredients.

To start off I'm going to plant some snapdragons in the bowl shaped planter I have. Fill up the pot with potting mix to just below the rim, add in slow release fertilizer and mix well.

I bought 2 punnets of snapdragons from Bunnings. These are annual and they flower profusely throughout the warm periods and have slight fragrant. There are 4 seedlings in each punnet so I have 8 to work with.

I need to space them out 10 cm apart so 7 is the perfect number of seedlings I could plant in the pot. Water well and sit back and watch them grow. Make sure not to let them dry out.

I have 1left over so I just planted it in a small pot by itself. Still looks good just by itself ya? Thank you for watching the Tukang Kebun Show brought to you by Wuching! Next time I show you how to plant gardenia and camellia.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Make sure you show us when it flowers.

clement said...

is that dried sai?

Choonie, the Guru said...

Can't wait to watch the next episode.

Wuching said...

che-cheh: okay!

clement: sai for you to eat!

choonie: coming soon!

Alex Allied said...

wow wuching, is it spring again?