Thursday, September 20, 2007

Poor Little Pumpkin

This is really a saddening story. My heart goes out to the little girl abandoned by her own father at the Southern Cross Station last Saturday before making a run to America.

Little Qian Xun or "Pumpkin" as was called by the people who found her was abandoned by her father possibly because she was going to slow him down as he tried to run away from New Zealand. This is indeed heart wrenching, how could a father dump his own 3 year old child in a strange city?

Story is the father came over from New Zealand with his daughter but left for the USA after dumping his daughter. Police in New Zealand has found a body in the boot of a car belonging to the father who is believed to be the mother but is yet to be confirmed. I don't care too much about the other stuff but I'm just saddened by poor little "Pumpkin".

7 comments:

Jo said...

I cannot imagine why the parents would put her through a trauma like that. I feel very sad for her because my girls are just as big as her. Or rather, as small as her. Sigh!

Anonymous said...

Pity little Pumpkin.

narrowband said...

She is probably better off (in australia) without that scumbag father of hers. Besides, Australia is a nice place for Asians to build a living, no?

Choonie, the Guru said...

Yeah, I read in the local newspaper too. The body in the boot is pumpkin's mum?

Dabido said...

As soon as the incident happened I felt so sorry for Pumpkin. I would have adopted her if I could ... but, of course we now know she still has family who are willing to take her in.
When I heard them say the father was the person who had dumped her at the train station, I said to my mother that I bet he'd killed his wife. My mother and others told me they hadn't even thought of that.

It's very sad for Pumpkin, because I know she's been asking for her mother and everything, and they've now confirmed that the body in the car is the mother.

I just hope her maternal grandparents are able to come here soon and look after her. I hope she knows her grandparents.

There is still a lot of domestic violence around, and too many cases of husbands killing their wives off. Even the Rayney murder case has had a break through of sorts today, with them saying that the husband is the main suspect now.

It's always the children who suffer for the sins of the parents.

Helen said...

Poor girl.

I just wish she'll have a good life after her heart wrenching story comes to light. :-)

Wuching said...

jomel: its the father, he murdered his wife & on the run!

che-cheh: she's so cute leh

narrowband: she's NZ citizen but her grandparents from China are going to take her back to China

choonie: yes! its been confirmed she's the mother & the husband's the suspect!

dabido: yes, i feel very much for the little girl...so sad

helen: i hope so..some ppl fear she may have witness her mother's murder too! *shudder*