Saturday, August 26, 2006

Funky Architecture

I found these photos I took last year which I totally forgotten about but think maybe its time I post them. This post may only interest you if you were an architect so Unker Ho you better pay attention!

I was admiring the architectures of this building in New Quay when I notice on the left side there's something interesting that caught my eyes. Its the way it seems to be "moving" that caught my attention.


I don't know what this is supposed to be other than a funky decoration on the sides of the building. I've never seen anything like it. When the wind blows on it the whole thing will move like wave or ripple on the water. I think its pretty cool, what do you think Unker Ho? Check out the short video clip of it in motion below.


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's something to test the wind or what? No need to do some expensive decaration on a building eh? LOL~! Aus really rich o...

Francis Ho said...

"Play that funky music white boy
Play that funky music right
Play that funky music white boy
Lay down that boogie and play that funky music till you die!"


thanks for sharing that with us and the modern sculpture/structure by Melbourne artist Alexander Knoxby to produce wave-like movements over Nolan Building is cool. :)

now go and look for another funky building to post! ;)

Dabido said...

I think it's a special wind trap to generate enough electricty to keep the trams in Melbourne running! They will be on all the buildings soon. :-)

Anonymous said...

Very creative, I think it's just a cool decoration... Don't think it can generate electricity.

Wuching said...

wong: buildings oso must look nice mah..

fh2o: chey! u oredi know, what for i show u!

dabido: melbourne the green city!

neo: right u r!

Anonymous said...

Indeed a cool and funky design. I like!

PabloPabla said...

Very the artistic :)

Wuching said...

che-cheh: yeah man!

pablopabla: arty farty!

Anonymous said...

i havent go thr yet..maybe this weekend..see if i can get any good shots.

Wuching said...

naiveidealist: yes, go see..its at the front not the side where the water is, the side facing the road!

Wuching said...

SA: no, no theater or gallery inside..its a residential apartment building!