Sunday, August 20, 2006

The House Of Chrysanthemum

OK, last night I managed to take some pictures of the restaurant we went before my friends tell me to put the camera away! LOL..can't help myself, once a blogger always a blogger.

We went to Chrysanthemum House in Doncaster. Its on 843 Doncaster road so give it a go if you're there. As the name suggests its a chinese restaurant but I've never been there so it was an experience for me as well.

I was told by my friends later that this place has recently been sold so its under new management which in a way is good because my friends notice that they have new sets of cutlery and table cloths! A good change from the chipped tea cups and bowls found in some chinese restaurants! Haha.

Don't know why its called the Chrysanthemum House because I couldn't find a single chrysanthemum there and the chinese name doesn't translate to chrysanthemum either. Eh, my chinese is poor but I do recognise the 2 characters on the right to suggest that it doesn't mean chrysanthemum alright!

We ordered the typical chinese dishes with rice like long beans, beef, crispy skin chicken, steamed barramundi fish, etc... The fish turned out to be a bit fishy but I liked the crispy skin chicken best! Nothing too extraordinary so not going to pin a medal on the restaurant! But we were there to celebrate my friend's birthday and he did pay for it and it was a good night out!


After dinner we adjourned to the birthday boy's house for cake and coffee. Happy XX birthday Mr.V! Will be my turn in a couple of weeks so better think of a place. Any suggestion anyone?

18 comments:

5xmom.com said...

I saw pinkish prawn crackers. I like.

Did you say a couple of weeks? Mine is 7th. What is yours?

Anonymous said...

So what does the first 2 chinese characters mean ?

Mine is next week...We are Virgos!

Anonymous said...

31?

Anonymous said...

OOh..someone's gonna celebrate his birthday soon...interesting..so..where to celebrate ah..hmm..lets see..what's ur budget first of all? If kiam siap like a typical foochow then road side vendor also can lah hahahaha if want to impress everyone but be broke for the whole year then go to Flower Drum Restaurant at 17 Market Lane
or this Asian / Japanese Restaurant Called Chocolate Buddha at Cnr Swanston and Flinders St, Federation Square .is that enough ideas..or else..you can also go to the local burger stall round the corner :P

Anonymous said...

Jst went to ur other blog!!! WTF!!!! Disgusting!!! Some of it looks like mushroom's and some looks like some cancerous boobs!!!

J said...

Mmmmmm... That cake looks yummy!
(especially the strawberry perimeter)
:)

Robin Wong said...

wuching, when is ur birthday?? must make fun of you on that day in my blog.. ahahhahaa

Wuching said...

5xmom: mine is the 29th! yay!

che-cheh: the middle character means middle or center & the other one means level, storey, floor or mansion..i think :)

u r virgo also! no wonder we r force masters but on different side of the force! hehe

yothemans: wishing thinking!

QV: how u know melbourne so well? u r watching me from google earth?

j: personally i dun like strawberries but yes they do look nice!

robin: if u go cari my archives from last year u will find out when my birthday is!

Anonymous said...

HEHEHEHE I have u on tracker..U didn't know that? I sent my spy down to Melbourne on Saturday to check on you for the next week or so hahahaahhahahaa

seefei said...

with the name of a C-flower i tot will find geisha here.
*disappointed*
the chinese translates as very sincere/serious inn... mood of the evening?

Wuching said...

QV: in that case i better go into hiding now!

see fei: yes, sounds like some wuxia movie lidat! hehehe...

Anonymous said...

Hide and Hide and we can still found you... we have eyes and we can see all around :P ahahahaha

Anonymous said...

Hey Wuching Sith, your birthday is on 29th August ??

OH WOW!! guess what?

Mine is a day later...30th!
No wonder I feel the force so strong with you...hahahaha

kachuaz said...

Mr V turned 31? :P

Wuching said...

QV: ur a peeping tom!

che-cheh: yes, i think we went to the jedi kindergarten together when we were small but i got taken away to the dark side!

kachuaz: hahaha..he wishes!

SA: maybe they do have chrysanthemum tea but we din have that that night so ..i dunno!

laundryamah said...

shark fins house is good!

Wuching said...

laundryamah: yes, shark fins house is good! thank you!

Anonymous said...

hmmm..... i haf to think of a yummy place :D