Tuesday, August 15, 2006

I Play Sherlock Holmes

Last week was a little windy, we had a day when we had a gusty northerly wind and with gusty winds comes falling trees!

Near my work a tree came down with the wind! I didn't see it fall but found it this way when I was leaving work. Looks like it just uprooted itself. So I played Sherlock Holmes to determine what actually happened.

I think the roots of this tree may be diseased which contributed to its falling over. Looks like the main roots is snapped and combining the gusty wind caused the tree to uproot itself. There is no sign on the tree trunk to suggest that it was hit by a truck.


Infact if a truck were to hit it from the direction opposite to where the tree fell, it would've had to hit the sign post too! So the Sherlock Holmes in me concludes that the tree was indeed uprooted by the northerly wind which explains why it fell towards the south side! Lucky for the parked vehicle that it didn't fall on the opposite side!

17 comments:

Cocka Doodle said...

Its elementary, my dear Sherlock....its elementary!

Anonymous said...

Mr Holmes,

I have a proposition.
You are such a famous investigator.
Would you like to appear in our Time Blog magazine ?
We will pay you 1,000,000 Rupiah.

Wuching said...

cocka: thank you dr. watson!

SA: yes & thank god no one was hurt!

che-cheh: of course i would, i love fame! i would do it for free!

Admin said...

how wise of you, sherlock. indeed, if the wind blows from the north, the tree will fall towards the south.

sengkor said...

but sherlock, is there any finger prints that indicate this is not caused by the nature..?

seefei said...

all wrong, sherlock. the tree committed suicide. it should hv shed its leaves like its neighbour. only by shedding its leaves it can reduce its mass and avoid being fell by the north wind like its neighbours during winter time. but it didnt bother and it fell due to its weight & the north wind.

my 2 cents worth :-)

me said...

remember when i said it's not where you go but what you notice around you? erm....perhaps now is a good indication that you should go out more and get a life. hahahahaha. don't throw slippers at me :-)

Wuching said...

ah pek: HAHAHAHAHA..now u know how cleber i am!

sengkor: aiyo..i forgot about that! good tip! i'll get CSI Melbourne to go check..

see fei: ah..but dis time u r wrong my fren becoz this tree is an australian native tree & if u know what i do about australian native plants is that they do not shed their leaves like their northern hemisphere conterparts! all the trees u see in australia that shed their leaves r actually from europe! so no..the tree did not commit suicide! hehe..

me: !@#$%^&*()_+ *throws slippers & boots @ lenglui*

Tiffany L said...

for such a big tree, it sure has shallow roots.

ah nel said...

u got cut the root to boil o not?seem lyk ginseng...lol

Anonymous said...

Be a good citizen, you go plant it back!

Wuching said...

hedo: its roots r rotten, thats why it fell..

ah nel: but thats not ginseng wor..

neo: choy! thats the council's responsibility..we pay them enuff to do it!

seefei said...

that shows australian trees are not that cleber to keep its leaves and risk blown over by the N-wind... another revelation. Good post, i learned something today!!

Wuching said...

see fei: tell that to me (see above blogger known as me)

Anonymous said...

really Ciak Pa Eng....tree falling down also want to blog hehehehehehhe bored ah Wuching?

me said...

heehee. wuching sounds so angry :-) see, quavadis also agrees with me mah. kakakakaka. seefei entertain you with false compliments only lah. kakakakaka. *looking out for flying slipper & boots* pssst, can you throw me the other side also ah? so i can have a pair. hahahaha.

Wuching said...

QV & me: HA! just for that, i'm going to post another fallen tree for tomorrow's post especially dedicated to u both! stay tuned!