Sunday, August 27, 2006

Walrus BBQ House

Friday after work Terese and I went to see Jessie about getting a hair-cut. After that we went to dinner together with Jessie and her 2 very cute daughters Shania and Alana.

We went to this restaurant in Springvale called Walrus BBQ House. I know, funny name for a restaurant but hey, the owner can call it anything he wants..even Turtle for all I care!

This is a good chinese restaurant, cheap and delicious foods just the way I like it! No fancy stuff like PJ in Glen Waverley but good old no frill chows! Is that Alana hiding under the table?

Shania loves Honey Chicken so we ordered one, a bit too sweet for me but she loves it so why not. I had some too but I'll probably give this a miss next time.

We also ordered Chilli Prawns in salt & pepper, not as nice as Butter Prawns but nice nonetheless. It came more but we ate some already before I took the picture!

This is Kai Lang with tons of garlic! But very tasty leaving us with garlicky breaths when we left! Maybe they could go easy with the garlic.

Lastly we had the Chilli Japanese Tofu in salt & peeper cooked like the prawns which was just as good. A typical chinese meal served with rice just right for 3 adults and 2 childs.


But during the meal Alana and I had a photo snapping match going on until her mother stopped us!

12 comments:

ah nel said...

duhhh...i tot u had a walrus meat for dinner...lol...

damn i lyk tofu n tat tofu definately look nice...how was the taste???

Anonymous said...

The Honey Chicken was too sweet? Then, you could have put it in your drink before taking it... hahaha...

Anonymous said...

A pleasant dinner :) but the Walrus name is damn funny. :P

J said...

Awwwww....
:)
Alana is so cute in that "hiding under the table" pic....

me said...

hey, the food here actually looks quite good, as compared to the previous time. or was it just the camera?

Wuching said...

ah nel: the tofu tastes
really good

neo: chey! siao ah!

che-cheh: u got that right!

j: she is an adorable kid!

me: no camera trick here matey!

PabloPabla said...

Food looks good, wuching! Expensive kah?

Anonymous said...

Next time u should order Kai Lang with fat beef slices on XO sauce and also fried chicken chop...2 of their popular dishes, very nice.

Jo said...

Seeing the food pics here, it just occurred to me how people will feel about seeing mine... I am getting hungry!

Helen said...

Hey, who said angmoh country got my good Chinese food har??

Honey Chicken.... **drool**

Niamah, if I have the plate, I'll have to go on another 5 days diet... scared scared

seefei said...

you didnt order the signature dish, walrus bola? muahhaaha...

Wuching said...

pablopabla: if u compare with malaysia of course expensive lah but if in australia then no lah!

prometeuz: ooo...thankz for the tips! i will try those next time!

lil' joy: urs is to mouth watering!

helen: haiya..how can enjoy life if cannot enjoy good foods wor..

see fei: u terror lah u!