Wednesday, July 04, 2007

You Learn Something New Everyday

Sorry I didn't update last night but I was just lazy. I'm allowed to be lazy every now and then okay? Coz I'm my own boss and this blog succeed or fail it's all up to me!

Today I had a little project at home fixing a faulty sliding door similar to the one in the picture above. That's not me okay? I'm not that old yet and I'm much more hansem than that guy there!

Anyway I've never attempted a repair like this before today. I had no idea what I was doing, lucky I didn't tear the whole wall down trying to fix the damn door! The door has been giving us grief for some times now and now it's gotten worse so die die I also must fix it or else Terese will kill me!

The problem with the door was that it wasn't standing up straight and skewed on an angle so when you close it, there's a big gap on the top and no gap down the bottom. So I had to take off 2 beams of timber that hides the rollers inside. The problem was easily fixed but because I had no clue it took me quite some times to figure out how things work and how I only had to adjust the screws to make the door hang straight! And that's all I needed to do but I broke out a sweat and spent quite some times figuring it out! LOL! Well at least next time I will know what to do. You learn something new everyday.

4 comments:

Helen said...

I definitely know what to do now. Call the repairman. LOL

Anonymous said...

Aiyar you should have asked me lo...tighten or loosen the screw only.

5xmom.com said...

That's why I marry a DIY man lor.

Wuching said...

helen: save some money, call me! kekekekeke

che-cheh: yes i should've, next time ok?

5xmom: yalor, u have a few good DIY men in your house wor!