Saturday, July 28, 2007

Still can't decide...

I still haven't got my router yet, problem is I still haven't decided which one to get. People's been great and helpful telling me which one I should get but I want to get something simple, reliable and cheap!

So I was recommended by a friend of mine who works for this bank where they have a techie who knows these things and he recommended the Netgear WGR614 which should do the trick for me. I hope so coz I worry it might conflict with my modem/router but they say the router can overrides the routing part of the modem so that the Netgear router will take over the routing. If that doesn't work then I can physically purge the routing function of the modem/router which I haven't figured out how yet. Well at least I have the weekend to look around. I'm sick of using a cable to hook up from my notebook to the modem. I want to be able to blog in my bed!

No comments: