Saturday, July 28, 2007

It's all good now...

Tonight's been a busy night for me all because of the stewpig tech support guy from Netgear. Go read about it here in my new blog that I posted earlier in the evening.

But its good to know that everything's working now. I got the Netgear wireless modem/router working to its full capacity serving both the desktop which is hard wired to it and the notebook wirelessly with encryption no thanks to Netgear!

After dinner and after futile attempts to have a go at getting the damn thing to work I finally had an idea to call my ISP who happily showed me how to get the setting right when the Netgear support guy couldn't. So thank you to my ISP who didn't have to help me coz I didn't even buy the router from them and I only have one thing to say to Netgear, you suck big time! I'm expecting them to call me back so when they do call they're gonna hear a lot from me!

8 comments:

Helen said...

Yeah yeah send the imperial troops and destroy them! lol

Chipper said...

Good for you doing it over the phone...I always get so frustrated and confused when calling in for help, that I finally give up and just haul my laptop into someone to fix it.

Wuching said...

helen: yes, i'll give the order 66!

etchen: hehehe..i know how u feel but i like to learn so doing it myself i know how to fix it next time there's problem

Jonzz said...

It looks like Netgear seems to be the preferred brand there.

Horny Ang Moh said...

How much it is? Have a nice day!

Simple American said...

Wanna be a fly on the wall for that call. :P

Wuching said...

jonzz: yeah..dunno why

horny angmoh: $120 thank you

SA: buzz buzz

Thomas Martin said...

Looking for Netgear Support call on 1800987893 , visit on:
netgear australia
How to setup Netgear router