Sunday, August 26, 2007

Enjoy them while they last

Apart from the daffodils, jonquils and tulips that seem to be in abundance right now if you see cherry blossoms along the streets it means Spring is finally here!

I'm not entirely sure if these are the real cherry blossoms or not cause some people call them Prunus which I think doesn't sound as nice as Cherry Blossoms so for now just humor me and let's just call them that okay?


Aren't they nice to look at? They only flower this time of the year and don't last very long either so must enjoy them while they last. I would grow one in my garden but they don't flower often and they are deciduous meaning they drop their leaves in winter and we only get to see the flowers for a few weeks of the year. So just enjoy them in the streets while they last.

7 comments:

Helen said...

It does look like cherry blossoms and it's really very beautiful.

Psst, I also got... blooming 365 days. It's inside my storeroom. Will take out and dust it before CNY.

Anonymous said...

I'm still waiting for the Cherry Ripes to grow on trees! :-)

-Dabido

Anonymous said...

Yeah i think those are cherry blossom. :)

Wuching said...

helen: those one very popular during CNY hor!

dabido: i'm waiting on paddle pop ice cream to grow on trees!

che-cheh: you think so? i dunno..

Serenity said...

so lovely. love cherry blossoms. it's almost end of summer at the northern hemisphere. soon the leaves will be changing.

Anonymous said...

Waa.. that is nice view! Red bossom represent romantic..

@miccoelaine said...

Beautiful...the first time I saw it was in japan 10 years ago. I just planted my very own Sakura in my front yard. It's a little early for them to bloom (like roses are actually blooming now =/ )
Did you miss the blood moon?!