Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Microwave Popcorn

Here's a snack you can make in 3 minutes. It's the Uncle Toby's microwave popcorn! They come in different flavours but I still prefer the butter flavour.

Each box comes with 3 flattened packs of popcorn ready to go. I like the butter flavour because of their savoury taste, I don't like those popcorn with sweet caramel coated one. Yuck!

When you open up a pack try to un-flatten it the best you can before placing it in the microwave for 3 minutes on high heat. The instruction says 4 minutes but when we tried that it came out burnt!

While the corns are popping away in the microwave you can see the bag inflating. I always wonder how corns can pop under high heat, I've never seen how they do that...it's fascinating!

And here it is; hot steamy popcorn straight from the microwave to you in 3 minutes. Cheaper than buying them at the shops especially in the cinemas who charge an arm for a bucket!

True this is not a large serve but you can always throw another bag in the microwave if you want more since they're so cheap, it's $1 a bag nia!

6 comments:

Serenity said...

Uncle Toby's! It's been ages since I ate them. Aww...memories! I've to settle for Orville Radenbacher here.

Anonymous said...

I don't find these in M'sia also. :(
Do they taste as nice as the one u buy from cinema?

Anonymous said...

Hi, we do not have this in Malaysia. Is it has alot of caremel ? I love that !

Choonie, the Guru said...

It looks very nice. Remember to send one packet for me on your birthday. It doesn't have to be receiving gift on Birthday, it can be the other way round. Happy Birthday!

Wuching said...

serenity: Orville Radenbacher? sounds very classy!

che-cheh: they taste exactly the same as in the cinema

keeyit: i dun no about the caramel flavor coz we just bought the butter ones which i prefer

choonie: okay, where should i send it to?

Choonie, the Guru said...

Wow.... Are you sure? Email me for further detail. wa hahahaha