Saturday, February 10, 2007

Arriving At KL

I think it was about an hour and a half later when we arrived at Kuala Lumpur. Because we were flying Airasia we had to land at the LCC Terminal which is for the el-cheapo travelers like us.

It was raining when we touched down and my brother who resides in KL was already there waiting for us. Only later did I realised that the airport is sooo... damn far from KL! They should build one closer.

My brother helped us book a room at Hotel Sri Petaling near where he lives. It wasn't a bad little hotel and the rate is quite reasonable. We checked in before going out to eat and didn't get back till way past 1 am which by then I was totally knackered! It's been a long day.

Entrance to the hotel where I found this guy staring out the glass door all night like waiting for his secret lover to meet here or something. But later on I did see a guy bringing his date in to stay the night, bargaining the price with the night manager summore!

The whole lobby was decorated with Chinese New Year theme even though it was only the 8th of January. Never too late to get into the CNY mood right? But after so many years in Australia with hardly any CNY, I've lost that mood already.

My brother thought I was still a smoker so he booked a room on the smoking floor which we later changed because we can't stand the smoky floor. But unfortunately we could only get a twin shared room on the non-smoking floor. It'll have to do..

We overslept that night, it was the best night sleep in a long while. We woke up to see how Sri Petaling looks like outside our window and it wasn't much to look at. I noticed there's too many cars and never enough parking spaces around so people just double park everywhere they can.

Breakfast was from 6.30 am till 10.30 am but because we overslept, we didn't get to the restaurant till 10.30 am when they were starting to pack up! Lucky for us they let us have a quick one but by then there wasn't much left. Well...Hijackqueen did tell me about this wonderful restaurant near her work that serves the yummiest foods and the best durian dessert...

10 comments:

Sebastiane said...

Heh.

I got knocked out straightaway too when I arrived at the Philippines last year.

;p

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, Seri Petaling is a great place to be
there is a seafood restaurant just opposite the hotel which is quite good
Anyway there's lotsa good food there
Enjoy

Anonymous said...

LCCT is only a little further than KLIA. Both airports are very far from the city!

Wingz said...

aiyah! you should told me u stayed there mah! i everyday also can go find u!!!

Anonymous said...

aiya remove the small bedside table and join the beds together lo :)

enjoy the hotel mah kekekke

5xmom.com said...

Finally Wuching landed here in Malaysia.

Wuching said...

kyels: traveling takes a lot out of me also!

zeroimpact: yakah? & i was going everywhere else cari makan when the best is under my nose! lol

neo: tell me about it!

wingz: u live close there ah? aiya, miss out on meeting u lah!

bengbeng: cannot! that table cannot be moved wan coz its got control panel in it!

5xmom: but i thot i landed in malaysia oredi when i landed in JB?

Anonymous said...

Are you sure it wasn't Laksa who was standing at the entrance waiting for his "date" hehehehehe die die..he's gonna kill me!! Nasib he's not around to read this comment..as he's having his romantic valentine getaway with his new girl friend in Langkawi hehehe

Wuching said...

QV: aiyo! whats he done this time? tell me tell me!

Wuching said...

SA: no..the 2 places are not near each other at all!