Saturday, February 24, 2007

Back Where We Started

The time has finally come. Time to leave Malaysia and head back down to Singapore for the weekend before flying back to Melbourne. A little bit sad about leaving but gotta get back to my life...

Somebody kick me next time I opt for early morning flight! We booked the first flight to JB so had to get up like bloody 4 am to get to LCCT on time to catch the RM5 AirAsia flight. (plus RM40 tax lah!)

Because of my bad experience with that crazy driver before we decided to catch a taxi from JB airport to Rochor in Singapore. Aitelyu that woman behind the counter at the airport has the most sour face I've ever seen just because I spoke English to her! She basically threw the price list to me and not utter a word until I spoke Malay to her the 2nd time. Oi! Ini bukan Visit Malaysia 2007 meh? Why the sour face? I'm a tourist so show some courtesy, you are after all an ambassador of Malaysia if you're in the tourism industry!

We booked our hotel at Hotel 81 in Bugis. The room was quite nice, almost clinical! Modern and clean but clinical like a hospital! But you know what? The shower head was leaking and I had to complain to get it fixed!

We got a TV with a DVD player, a cup of instant noodle which comes in handy in the middle of the night. A can of green tea, a bottle of water and a sachet of Milo if I haven't forgotten. I ate them all so they had to replenish the next day!

They had huge tinted window in the en suite which gives an eerie cold light during the day. They don't have a separate shower cubicle so after showers the whole bathroom will be wet!

Big wide tinted windows in the room as well so we can have a view but too bad the hotel sign was just outside! Lucky they don't turn it on but at night it's like some sleazy cheap hotel from the movies!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

SG ma ,of course have to be clean

Anonymous said...

Did you know that Hotel 81 had sleazy origins? They started off in the heart of Geylang in the red light district in Singapore. I think they would still have hourly rates! :D

Wuching said...

yothemans: why?

craftsman: well good on them that they've become a big chain of hotels now!

Anonymous said...

That's a LCD tv? Take it home! :)

Anonymous said...

I think this particular chain of hotels is operated by C4STP, its a subsidiary of her ah kua pros chain in Phuket :P

Wuching said...

neo: if it was that easy!

QV: yakah? could've ask her for discount!

Wuching said...

SA: they're freakishly sterile!