Monday, February 19, 2007

A Brief Tour Of Malacca

Hehe..I've just realized I spelled Malacca wrong in my previous post! Never mind...let's just get on with today's post which is a brief tour of Malacca after the Hainanese Chicken Rice we had for lunch.

Yes like I said before, Malacca is such a tourist town with lots of history to the place so it was a good idea to maintain the historical buildings in good orders for the tourists to enjoy like this famous church built in 1753.

Being a tourist area you can get hassled by the local peddlers to buy souvenirs or ride in their colorfully decorated tricycles or abang beca as they're locally known. I used to ride on them with my grandma when I was little but I won't be tempted to do it again! Only foreigners would be amused to give them a go.

When you are in Malacca you must go visit the old church or was it the old fortress on top of the hill. This place is the highest point in the area and the views from up here is quite spectacular.

There's a lot of museums in town and if I were to visit everyone of them, I'd probably need a few days to visit them all. We did however went into this replica tall ship which is a maritime museum but there wasn't much to see inside.

Late in the afternoon we had enough and wanted to go back to KL, we passed by this artificial waterfall by the roadside which I think it's rather cool! It certainly is better than some of the museums in town!

Goodbye Malacca! I'm glad I've visited you but don't know when or if I'll ever come back again. We had to get back to KL coz Che-cheh wanted to take us out to dinner in Puchong...can hardly wait to meet her!

7 comments:

Dabido said...

I remember catching the abang beca in Penang, though we used to call the Tri-shaws. They certainly look a lot more colourful and better looked after than the ones we used to ride in.

Anonymous said...

You didn't try the Chendol outside the Red Museum? Its one of the best!

Anonymous said...

Wah, you have a date with Che-Cheh!

Anonymous said...

woohoo....it all looks so familiar coz i took ted to melaka too. :) happy oink oink to u!!

SooHK said...

I missed the artificial waterfall when I was there too..but you got a great picture of it...hahaha is like all the cars is heading towards it..

Anonymous said...

Oppsss I know what's coming next. :P

Wuching said...

dabido: do u still miss riding on them?

craftsman: unfortunately I didn't! :(

neo: almost, almost!

SA: i think the old church is spelled in Portuguese or Dutch?

yvy: happy oink oink to u too!

soohk: that waterfall is a great attraction..i should've stop & check it out more..

che-cheh: YES! u know whats coming next!