Sunday, February 11, 2007

Lunch With The Queen

I rang up Hijackqueen and we decided to meet for lunch at that restaurant she told me about, the one near her work that serves the best durian dessert, the one near 1 Utama.

1 Utama is a big shopping centre and unfortunately for me I didn't get to check out the place when I was in KL because of time constraint, all the more to add to my next itinerary!

Hijackqueen aka Jessie Ling is a friendly and generous person I'm lucky enough to consider a good friend. She's also a foochow like me but one of those foochows that can't speak their own dialect, the one I call the lost tribe of the foochow clan!

I think the restaurant is called Penang Village or something like that, I can't remember. The only thing I can remember is the durian dessert Hijackqueen kept telling me about.

Jessie Ling is not called Hijackqueen for nothing, she thinks my photography skill sucks big time so she hijacked my camera and took all the food pictures! So all the food photos from here on were taken by her with nothing done to them but my blog address added.

Since she's a frequent customer of this restaurant I decided that she should order what she thinks is good and to tell you the truth I can't remember any of the foods we ordered! The previous dish was some type of salad and this one is the butter prawns? Help me out here Jessie!

This is some type of tofu I think but don't know what its called...

Nor this one...

Nor this one...

But this one I know lah! This is the durian ice cream dessert she was yapping about how good it is and she's right. Its the best tasting durian ice cream I've had other than durian itself.

Of course we had to camwhore also. Thank you Jessie for the most wonderfully delicious lunch and durian dessert! So paiseh you had to paid for us, I owe you big time so make sure you come to Melbourne so I can return the favour!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Indeed, nice pictures from Queen :p

Anonymous said...

aiyo..like this bengbeng have to make frens with hijackqueen also so that i can ask for the address of this place when i in KL. no need to ask wuching..even the name of the dishes he no know...apalah ini..huh!


haha

clement said...

how old is she? ha ha...
and the food...
wah.. yummy....

Sebastiane said...

I just had dinner and now I am hungry again.

The dessert looked really yummy!

Jo said...

You met the queen at 1U too ah?

Lost tribe of the foochow clan? *hides face in shame*

Wei, does that mean you owe ALL of us who were present that nite, a meal in Melbourne? ;)

5xmom.com said...

Wah...the food so sedap! Hijackqueen memang terror lah, same camera, but I never see them so delicious before wor. *runs from Wuching*

King's wife said...

Been to Penang Village many times but have never tried the durian dessert before. Now I have every reason to!

Anonymous said...

She takes better photos...wuahahaha :P

Anonymous said...

Yummy!! Now I'm salivating for the Durian Ice Cream!! it really explains why you can't recall the name of the other dishes

Jonzz said...

Wow, everything looks so delicious. The Durian Ice Cream looks very unique. *Stomach growling again* Oh no I just had lunch.

Wuching said...

cely: yes i know..my photography skill sux big time!

bengbeng: hey! just look for penang village near 1U lah i also know!

clement: she's too old for u boy!

kyels: then go makan again!

jomel: yes, i owe everyone a meal in melbourne so fai ti come to melbourne all of u!

5xmom: no need to run..i no CBC u!

king's wife: yes, try it next time ur there!

che-cheh: ok ok dun rub it in oredi! i get it i get it!

QV: alas! someone who understands me!

jonzz: go have a 2nd lunch!

Anonymous said...

Food already digest no need ask for name again. Wah lau, that one is vanilla flavoured ice-cream. not duran ice-cream la. Somemore hor, the name is durian cendol. CENDOL!!!

Aiyah, no need paiseh la. But you must remember who is Hijackqueen when i go Melbourne one day. hehe

me said...

u know what? her photography skills ARE better. kakakakaka *runs away*

Wuching said...

hijackqueen: how can i forget hijackqueen wan! its quite impossible to forget!

me: *tulan*

Wuching said...

SA: u should make an effort to meet her!